Octatrack OS 1.30B is here

My party mood’s already over with this update, grrr, no real pickup love, still this :zonked:

3.5 years after this

takes the buzz right off, ah well, next stop TRCs

5 Likes

Great update! Thanks Elektron, my Octatrack is happy after being fed this update :slight_smile:

But you ruined my social and work life !

13 Likes

Annoying, I tried playing around with PUM again last night and gave up, that and don’t get me started on the clicks… unbearable. Really hope the guys at Eleccy sort this mess out

1 Like

Just thought i’d check before upgrading.

So on OS 1.25H if you make changes via CONTROL>MEMORY, like switching dynamic recorders off/on it mutes all tracks whether static or flex. Or to be more accurate it mutes all SLOTS, static or flex.

Every single slot needs to be opened in the editor to bring it back to life.

It’s totally painful so was really hoping this would be fixed. Let’s see…

Just double checked the suggested workaround “reload the project” which alone isn’t very helpful. However - save and then reload seems to work…

Anyway I’m now caught up in the conditional mania - so looking forward to trying it out for that right now. Bugs another day :slight_smile:

1 Like

No I want to find a bug !
Of course not, TRCs ! :thup:

1 Like

The second born of my OT

1 Like

sadface.jpg

You and @dustmotes thought like me that recordings where still there after reboot ?

2 Likes

Yes sir

1 Like

same :slight_smile:

I had noticed with great regret that the recording was no longer there, after restarting :confused:

I did, too.

Being a sliced buffer devotee I thought it meant what it does, and I’m quite happy about it…:boom:
I’m oddly glad it didn’t work for awhile because it got me to use start points which I now prefer, they work much better with bpm changes and timestretch…
Looking forward to checking out slices again…

For anybody wondering, you can slice up a recorder buffer sample that you made, clear the recording, and the slices are still there. You can target these slices on one or several flex tracks. Now when you record to the buffer it is sliced already and the sliced track is played back in real time(as long as your not trying to play a slice that hasn’t been recorded yet :open_mouth:).

After powering off the OT and turning it back on, the emtpy recording buffers should still be sliced.
This broke in os 1.25H, now it should work again…

10 Likes

Thank you Elektron :slight_smile: OS 1.30B :slight_smile:
for your continued updates and maintenance of Octatrack.

2 Likes

Wow, had to login just to comment. This is really cool! Didn’t know that slices would remain intact even when recording something new over the previous flex recording. I was actually thinking “how convenient wouldn’t it be if the OT could auto-slice a recording when it finished sampling?” just the other day.

It can not only auto slice it but it can start playing the slices on tracks while the recording is happening…

The trick is not to trigger a slice from later in the recording buffer before the recorder has gotten that far.
You can however use one-shots, manual sampling, or pickups without overdub, to capture a phrase and the slice remix will play what it can as recording, and in its entirety on the next pass…

This stuff is the main reason I use an Octatrack… :monkey:

6 Likes

Slice and start points are both interesting.
You can switch slice mode with parts.
If you want high notes with Playback LEN, Slices.
If you want to realtime mess with Audio Editor Start/End for granular stuff : Start points. Playback LEN results will differ too.
128 positions for Start vs 64 for Slices, but smaller number positions, zero crossing, precise positions, loop point.

Lfo on Start/Slices are very interesting too. With lfo speed you can play a loop normally, have great very slow time stretch effect, accelerations, granular fx with Audio Editor Start/End…

8 Likes

I’ve had my Octatrack for about a year. But it still keeps suprising the living hell out of me every day. I knew it was a monster when I picked it up. But had no clue it was hiding an army of demodogs on steroids inside…

4 Likes

damn, those demodogs couldn’t surprise me even close as the OT still does after 3 years :slight_smile:
OT is really the strangest thing

5 Likes