Octatrack MKII (MK2/2nd Gen) specific bugs thread

Technically, like a charm for me ! Early 2018 batch.

I hate that stupid, stjpid fail.

yes what the actual f*ck for real…

1 Like

Part edit menu does not work correctly…

when accessing part edit menu from pressing Function + Part
unable to rename and reload other parts except the current part you are on …
It jumps back to current part when trying to select

When accessing part edit menu by pressing function + cue
It is possible to rename and reload other parts not just the one you are on…

No mention of function + cue to get to part edit menu in menu in mk2 manual.
I suspect that it is an old command from mk1, and the new way is not working correctly.

@avantronica Do you have a OT mk2 to confirm this is a bug before I contact elektron?

Sadly not, still rocking a Mk1 ! There’s been examples of spurious Mk1 commands still present in MK2 so you may be correct

1 Like

I can confirm except it’s function + bank to bring up menu (not cue), but yes allows rename without changing part.

2 Likes

Thanks Yes I did mean function + bank, wrote it wrong…
I noticed Function + part takes you to part edit menu as a short cut from anywhere,
( I guess to be a quick save short cut )
But when you press function + part while in part screen it doesn’t allow you to reload or rename other other parts, unless you access it from the function + bank command.

I’m not sure how the mk1 works but seems the new part button hasn’t really been implemented to well…
would be better if could reload and save/ rename from the function + part while on the part screen. rather than use a different key combination ( function + bank ) that command isn’t even in the manual

1 Like

yeah, I agree it feels like its a bug…
as you said before, does part edit really need to reselect the active part?
(esp… if the part ‘menu’ is already open)

Anybody getting some super weird behaviour where your record trigs completely disappear when engaging fill? On top of that, sometimes the fill just gets stuck and keeps repeating infinitely until I change the pattern.
The last time I had to reboot the machine to get it to stop.
I’m on the most recent firmware, mk2 of course.
No MIDI in connection, only MIDI out.
Haven’t checked other projects yet but just started happening out of nowhere, never an issue before.

Can you replicate it and tell us how to?

I had to shutdown and got to bed shortly after I wrote that. I’ll try and repro tonight

MKII has replicator functionality? :thinking:

Dang, I thought just a few new buttons… :smiley:

3 Likes

Noticed a strange bug today, I loaded a project created some time ago, it is a sampling template that I use just for capturing samples, anyway captured a sample into record buffer 1, saved the sample and loaded it, but it would not play from trig key in track mode, it trigged fine when placed in sequencer, but would not play from trig button of the track.

So in the end I just created a new project and loaded the sample, it trigged as expected.

Edit: Audio track was set to EXT in midi, my bad, not a bug.

I’ve seen that.
I just figured occasionally when the shit loads…part of it corrupts.
reload again…and it’s fine. I dont want to speculate on what I think it might be…cuz ill look freakin stupid. :wink:

I tried reloading and it still doesn’t work, it is pretty strange, I tried chromatic trig mode and it does not trigger there either. The only way to hear any samples on any track are to preview in AED or triggering from the sequencer.

Weird. :confused:

I’ve had this too

1 Like

Are you sure you haven’t changed AUDIO NOTE OUT to EXT (only) in this project? Trig keys won’t trigger internal machines when configured this way (kind of local off mode for audio tracks).

3 Likes

Ahh, good catch @tnussb I don’t remember changing the audio note out, but lo and behold I checked it and it was indeed set to EXT, many thanks man!

Edit: What is weird still though is that I can’t ever imagine needing to change this setting, as I never use midi from the OT other than transport, so I’m pretty certain I’d never have changed it myself. Spooky :laughing:

3 Likes

Following on from this, I loaded some other old projects from various cards I have, and some of them also had the same issue - audio note out set to ext - that is a setting I never would have used, so I’m wondering if this is an issue related to earlier OS versions and change in data structure of projects, the cards were used on my mkI and most of the projects were probably created on much earlier versions of the OS.

Also noticed another strange thing, loaded an old project, messed around, tried to revert to saved but it said project has never been saved.