Octatrack MKII (MK2/2nd Gen) specific bugs thread

Noticed a strange bug today, I loaded a project created some time ago, it is a sampling template that I use just for capturing samples, anyway captured a sample into record buffer 1, saved the sample and loaded it, but it would not play from trig key in track mode, it trigged fine when placed in sequencer, but would not play from trig button of the track.

So in the end I just created a new project and loaded the sample, it trigged as expected.

Edit: Audio track was set to EXT in midi, my bad, not a bug.

I’ve seen that.
I just figured occasionally when the shit loads…part of it corrupts.
reload again…and it’s fine. I dont want to speculate on what I think it might be…cuz ill look freakin stupid. :wink:

I tried reloading and it still doesn’t work, it is pretty strange, I tried chromatic trig mode and it does not trigger there either. The only way to hear any samples on any track are to preview in AED or triggering from the sequencer.

Weird. :confused:

I’ve had this too

1 Like

Are you sure you haven’t changed AUDIO NOTE OUT to EXT (only) in this project? Trig keys won’t trigger internal machines when configured this way (kind of local off mode for audio tracks).

3 Likes

Ahh, good catch @tnussb I don’t remember changing the audio note out, but lo and behold I checked it and it was indeed set to EXT, many thanks man!

Edit: What is weird still though is that I can’t ever imagine needing to change this setting, as I never use midi from the OT other than transport, so I’m pretty certain I’d never have changed it myself. Spooky :laughing:

3 Likes

Following on from this, I loaded some other old projects from various cards I have, and some of them also had the same issue - audio note out set to ext - that is a setting I never would have used, so I’m wondering if this is an issue related to earlier OS versions and change in data structure of projects, the cards were used on my mkI and most of the projects were probably created on much earlier versions of the OS.

Also noticed another strange thing, loaded an old project, messed around, tried to revert to saved but it said project has never been saved.

Noticed something odd today - not sure if it affects mk1 too as I no longer have my mk1:

Sending CC48 to control xfader only works when not in midi sequencer, at first I just though maybe I have midi direct cc turned on, but it does not make a difference if it is on or off, I think it is a bug as other cc’s for other parameters seem to work fine.

@sezare56 @tnussb @phaelam @jb @thetechnobear @Lieder @avantronica @AdamJay did any of you notice this?

1 Like

I’ll investigate @darenager

1 Like

Can confirm @darenager
External MIDI CC control of Crossfader CC#48 only works when the OT MK1 is in sampler/audio mode.
As soon as I hit the MIDI button, the crossfader stops responding to CC#48.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I haven’t noticed it until you mentioned it (tested and can confirm / mk2).

Yeah, looks like a bug. I can’t think of a reason why it should stop working when in midi mode.

1 Like

Bug report submitted :+1:

Edit: Perhaps not a bug but a bit daft that some (most) CCs are allowed and some not, appendix C3 gives the list thanks @roadmoviemusic for the link to the previous discussion.

I don’t think it’s a bug, it’s actually (quite hidden) in the manual:

I should clarify that I am using the auto channel (in this case 11) and CC direct control off, so it should logically work, I can understand the desire for it not to work when CC direct is on as CC48 might be needed for something else, so in that case it would make sense to disable it, can’t see any point of it not working when CC direct is off though.

So midi loopback control of Xfader not possible if in midi sequencer. :sob:

Same here. Auto channel, and CC direct off.

Meanwhile external control of the other CC#s do work fine (levels, Fx parameters) when in MIDI mode.
Of course, those aren’t auto channel, though.

So, any bugs left that didnt get addressed in 1.40?

At least one got left in (found during beta testing), because they ran out of time due to the anniversary.

Bug Details:

Randomization bug (ALL EFECTS):

If an effect is loaded into FX1/2 on any audio track of an unsaved PART and the user randomizes (FX1/2+YES) the effect page, then undoes it (FX1/2+NO), the parameters will not be initialized.

3 Likes

Easily fixed in firmware 1.50 in 10 years :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I suggest we gather bugs for the new OS in the same place: