Octatrack MKII info

Hmm, what about “until then” in official blurb

IMHO the first sentence implies that both versions stay in production.

3 Likes

Right, I see how you mean

1 Like

I’ve been hanging on to my MKI for a long time. Now I have options when I decide to upgrade! Black looks nice on the MKII.

I have a gray Analog Rytm MKII though so I’m stuck with selling my MKII and going all black or just keep going gray. I’m sure everyone except those totally new to Elektron has the same dilemma.

Should I hold out for the all white versions @DonovanDwyer?

3 Likes

I used to have one :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Looks very good !

1 Like

Nice one…I feel happier now

Is this a mix that actually has some bass in it? Trying to listen on my phone speakers isn’t doing it ahem justice

I’d love to be able to buy a black case and faceplate for my grey OTMKII!

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it’s the one where a guy got the stems of Jason’s bass off a rare Japanese edition for all but about 3 of the tracks, then I think he played a couple himself.
There’s a bunch of different versions out there, with varying results. I downloaded the best one ages ago, but I can’t remember which one it is…

1 Like

A few years back my cousin saw Metallica play in San Francisco and he sent me a little video with the caption “Metallica is killing it!”
My response was “The last time Metallica killed anything his name was Cliff Burton.”
But that’s just one opinion…

Dark.

Which brings us nicely back to these new octatracks…

2 Likes

Would Octablack be a really bad pun?

Nah… cant we derail the thread some more to ridicule metallica?
Such a great band… or could have been if they had a proper drummer

2 Likes

Standard Black … other diff to AE is that the text above the screen says

‘8 Track Dynamic Performance Sampler’

rather than

‘DPS-1||||||||||Dynamic Performance Sampler’ on the AE

1 Like

Everyone?? I’ll guess you mean everyone with at least a touch of OCD, right? I don’t mind if my machines aren’t dressed up like twins.

6 Likes

Yes, “almost” everyone :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes but those little differences make the AE pop to me.

I like the black more, I think it matches better the Black AR and A4 to be the trinity.

The red buttons on the AE are nice but a bit a mismatch with the overall black look.

I also don’t like the model name (written on the left)
I think that people that now have the AE will not easily accept it😉

I’m sure that those who got the AE knew exactly how the black will look like. I mean, there is no surprise here. I have all three black and trust me, no regret at all for so many reasons but it’s a matter of taste. Dont be so general.

3 Likes