What’s the crown jewel of your gear collection?

Your road trip story reminds me of my own. When I was 18, I saved my money for a year and bought my dream Orange Rocker 30 half stack amp. I ordered online, and they sent me one that didn’t work properly. Rather than shipping it back, I threw it in a friend’s car and we drove to Atlanta (6 hours away) to exchange it in person. We slept in a Walmart parking lot and went to the shop the next morning. They gave us free shirts, an amp cover, and a foot switch. Good times!

To answer the question, my favorite piece of gear is still my Model Cycles. It got me into this world. Something about the simplicity of it…

3 Likes

OT AE because

A. It’s an Octatrack
B. It’s limited edition and gorgeous
C. My wife bought it for me as a present :heart_eyes: and the reasons behind why she did.

But I have some other gear that I love too.

21 Likes

OB6 Desktop

10 Likes

A supportive spouse – so cool!

Is it true they only made a few hundred of the AE boxes? I think I read like 350 were made, but don’t remember if it was a real information source or just a speculation post/blog

2 Likes

OB-6 and a Yamana BX-1 bass guitar. It looks, sounds and feels amazing, I love it.

5 Likes

I’m realizing that I have access to the internet and can answer my own question if I’m not lazy :laughing:

5 Likes

Make Noise Shared System and Jackson custom guitar with Bogner Uberschall amp.

4 Likes

OT mk2.

[aaand me m8 tracker.]

both feel really special.

tho the most fun to use is my syntakt.

7 Likes

Another vote for the OB-6. It just has that sound.

18 Likes

Pittsburgh sv1b

5 Likes

That’s a tough call but I guess I’d say the SCI Pro-One. I can play that synth and get lost for hours in exploration. It’s a synth that takes you places. It’s '80s futurism personified as a fragile synth.

6 Likes

This, because my girlfriend gave it to me for my 40th, it’s the best sounding kit Ive ever had, and its a total joy to play.

Everything else is joint second. Love all my synths, drum machines etc.

16 Likes

OB6 desktop. I once put it on Reverb for a decent price and someone almost nabbed it :man_facepalming:
That beast is just wonderfully brilliant. I run it through a TimeLine and a Big Sky and then through the QPAS and use the 4 stereo outs of the QPAS into Magneto, Morphagene, a wavefolder and the Wasp filter.

Ahhhhhhhh is this a dream??? Thanks for making me gush. I feel so lucky to have these things.

8 Likes

I have to say this one :

But those ones are very close runner up. It needed a photo finish :

20 Likes

My Martin with the SiX and DN as the runner up.

2 Likes

It’s my beloved AR MKI

2 Likes

Probably my PRS Kingfisher bass my wife bought me.

In her typical style she wanted it over and done with and dragged me to a music shop on the way home from running some errands and between her and the sales guy made me ignore everything I thought I wanted from a bass and just basically try everything in the store. It was just the one. Wasn’t the look, brand, 5 string, P or J that I thought I might come away with, but without a doubt it was the most comfortable and felt better than anything else I tried in any price range in the store.

I mean, the pickups suck but that can be fixed.

3 Likes

A4 mk1

2 Likes

For me it’s gotta be my Ciat-Lonbarde duo, Cocoquantus and Plumbutter. I got them a little over a year ago — I was in a post-breakup funk and probably a little overeager to hit the ‘buy’ button, but they’re handmade by the guy who imagined them and they sound unlike anything else I own, so I’m very happy to have them around.

I can see myself playing them for years to come — can’t promise any good music will come from all that playing but I know it’ll bring me joy.

14 Likes

I really like my AFX Station. Looks cool, simple to use but surprising variety of sounds, and it looks cool.

3 Likes