Octatrack Black & other Elektrons - Made in Poland?

The most parts of the device is made in China.

1 Like

Designed with parts from China. Assembled with love in Sweden. Creatively abused in Canada. :heart:

2 Likes

Of course, but assembly is very important. I have a Polish OT, nothing against Poland, but mine is poorly assembled, worse than elektrons I owned during all this time, I also saw two another black OT, same low quality.

1 Like

Bought A4 and Rytm, both black, both made in Sweden. Purchased In April.

2 Likes

Can you elaborate on this or do you have pictures?

Yes, first of all mine has same issue like

this happens quite often with first batch, as I know from retailer
It is not so noticeable on most units, but can be detected by pushing on lower right corner, I discovered it after few days.

Also, metal case is thinner then on grey OT and also than DN (same finish), and it bulges and wobbles in the space between the screws, I can make a video if you are really interested

yeah if it would not to big of a deal a video would be interessting. :slight_smile:

They’ve stopped doing the Jerk Chicken one. I’m devastated. Back to the Badboy’s for me.

Edit. It seems everywhere but my local Morribobs is still selling them. There is a god after all. That’s all.

Mine had the same raised screen which I was a bit worried about initially, but I e since forgotten about it and don’t notice anymore.

I did however notice the same raised screen corner in loopop’s video, so now I’m even less worried.

2 Likes

Yes it does. Search the forum for Analog Four Mk1 faceplate…

My Model Samples says Made in Sweden

I just got a polish black OT mkii and it’s got no problems.

4 Likes

QC issues can happen in manufacturing and assembly, nothing at all to do being made in Poland and the insinuation is pretty short sighted and a bit prejudiced, no?

5 Likes

Basically its Sweden vs Poland matchoff. Poland has hit hard times. This kinda devalues a products image. It shouldn’t but people are swift to judge.

No kidding. The AR MKII - Made in Sweden - was ridden with manufacturing issues in the beginning.

I would say the beginning of most products have a rough ride. These get ironed mostly over time. Its not unique to Elektron.

Absolutely. And the OT MKII Black is technically in the beginning. Where - in terms of country - it was built has nothing to do with it.

The Black edition isnt different from the grey(inside). Id say its at the end.

The Grey - afaik - was built in Sweden. The Black - being built in Poland - probably requires a whole new adjustment process.

Theres going to be know difference whatsoever. Its getting past the judgemental thing. People are funny things.

On a side note. I know a lot of people insist on prescribed drugs that are of one brand and not generic. They think its not as good if they have the generic brand. But its still the same drug but made somewhere else.