Octatrack Black & other Elektrons - Made in Poland?

“Assembled in your bedroom”

:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Beef and tomato or chicken and mushroom? None of the other atrocities I hope.

Need to add salt to those @@@@@ nowadays though lol

1 Like

anyway, another Polish made OT owner here. I’d say it feels a little nicer than my last grey one. The slider has a touch more resistance and the encoders all feel great.

4 Likes

Is the screen ‘closer’, compared to your grey, or about the same?

You should probably also note that people pointed out one of your other main points about updates was also completely incorrect (3 big updates in the last 6 months =/= no updates).

For me, it’s not one or the other, so much as that your entire premise is based on flawed or irrelevant information in order to ponder a potential issue that seems to exist only in your imagination.

But it gave you something to be mad about when people pointed out the problems with your argument, so…I think maybe you got what you wanted. Enjoy the attention, I guess?

2 Likes

Can’t see much difference from my DT and DN (both made in Sweden). Couldn’t honestly say about the grey MK2 OT I had as don’t remember looking at the edge of the screen like this.

:+1:

In the end with the price of their products and reputation - buyers will have a high expectation for the build quality of Elektron products. If units aren’t up to snuff people can and will return them. As long as there aren’t growing reports of Elektron suddenly not exchanging lemons without hassle then I don’t see a reason to worry about where they produce / assemble / build their products. (Beside political / humanitarian concerns for certain countries)

In the end if the quality and QA suffer it will also hit Elektrons bottom line as providing excessive exchanges for lemons will quickly cut into any cost savings.

1 Like

But return where. Poland or Sweden HQ? If they are to be investigated for faults do Poland send them onto Sweden?

Well that depends on where you buy. Usually first point of return is the retailer - so either Elektron webshop, Thomann which ever retailer you buy from. They then will return to Elektron - wherever Elektron desires.

It doesn’t really matter. The point is it costs Elektron money (and reputation). So they are clearly incentivised to maintain a high level of qaulity.

4 Likes

If the Elektron was made in Poland then it returns to Poland. Just clearing this up as its always been Sweden HQ.

1 Like

Sorry but that’s an unwarranted and baseless accusation of my intent, without evidence or merit. I posited – and was interested in discussing – the future direction of Elektron based upon a number of observations, none of which I claimed to be anything other than the way I saw it. That point was emphasised a number of times in fact. My viewpoint was then hijacked by claims that I was somehow talking down Poland, which can very clearly be seen not to be the case if you accurately follow the thread. My attempts to defend myself were then flagged for no reason other than people disagreed. Rinse and repeat. You apparently then look at that and think I was drawing attention to myself. QED. Why do so many feel the need to personalise a discussion?

My observations were based on my seeing similar things happen while working in the pro audio business for the past twenty years, and the way companies expand etc, often to the detriment of the high end or their original intent and values. Tell you what, meet you here in two years and we can see how things have panned out.

1 Like

That looks pretty raised to me.

Its less than 0.5mm?!

Will you eat your hat if you’re wrong

Yes. All my hats.

I’ve said plenty of times, I want to be wrong!

3 Likes

You are maybe the second person observing the screen is a bit closer on the black, compared to the grey.

Has anyone else here bought a new Elektron box, other than the Black Octatrack and notice it being made somewhere other than Sweden ? It’s been a while, does anyone have an update ?

Where would it be marked? Just bought an OT MKII in grey. Though the store may have had the stock for a few months.

Under the machine there is a label.