Octatrack 64 breakbeat x 16 slices megabreak of doom:

Hello dimi3…thanx for your great work, but how does the maTrix prototype work ? when i put Samples in the Input Folder and double-click the maTrix file the Terminal shows this " Segmentation fault: 11
logout " and nothing happend with the Samples.
I`m on Macbook with os x 10.7.5

Hello dimi3…thanx for your great work, but how does the maTrix prototype work ? when i put Samples in the Input Folder and double-click the maTrix file the Terminal shows this " Segmentation fault: 11
I`m on Macbook with os x 10.7.5[/quote]
hmmm. ok… can you tell me the computer type you are using and the details. I have to see if I need to change something, and find a machine like your near by…

if you can also try running the app from the command line…

get to the directory the app is in using the terminal window.

then type ./maTrix_osx

I`m on Macbook with os x 10.7.5[/quote]
hmmm. ok… can you tell me the computer type you are using and the details. I have to see if I need to change something, and find a machine like your near by…

if you can also try running the app from the command line…

get to the directory the app is in using the terminal window.

then type ./maTrix_osx[/quote]
I`m on Macbook Pro (late 2011 Model) with os x 10.7.5.
Greetz

@cortega it may be a architecture problem. we will check.

I accidentally put in the 48khz 24b mx chain and got it scrambled all over the place. Sample rate matters…
Just a reminder… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also if you use a stereo the app grabs only the first track

There is a glitch I am working out, it seems that when I run maTrix on sicijk’s orginal loops I get a length of output files which is equal to 1.9 and sicijk’s produced matrix is 2.0

I will up load a new version ASAP.

Did it happen to you?

So i am using parts to change between the slices in the mx chain. Sometimes when i activate different part i get one whole pattern of silence. This happens when i activate the part just before it goes back to the first step. Maybe i’m a bit late and in microseconds i activate it after i’m allready on the fist step of the pattern. So after whole four bars of silence i get it back again. Parts are only changing the slice number nothing else.

When doing it manually it is fine but not that reliable to hit that exact loop i want.
It could be done with sample locking on different patterns but then again have to change the scene for the amount of slices i want on my fader…

So did this ever happen to you?

T.

Which version of the app are you using?

Hey i’m talking about the OT. The app works fine with prepared samples. :slight_smile:

oh yeah i noticed that too I believe it has to do with the sliders value range being in higher slices can be an you end up in a singularity. If you are sampling 64 loops and slicing 64 times it is apt to happen more often.

aaaah that’s a killer… :frowning: you think cf card is to blame??
Then I have to think of something else… time for a work around… :slight_smile:

Can you please expand a bit on your issues?

This technique is just fine with a Flex machine

Ok I made a videooooo… Watch out for your necks! :smiley:

Better demonstrated than described.

"fail safe" (just in case if this happens)

What i figured out is that I can save myself when it happens with retrigger set to INF. What happens is despite the silence, that retrigger will retrig the first slice from the first step, which is all the kicks of MX chain.
So i can still use the crossfader to scan trough the slices. Or change the retrigger division and use different scenes to open reverb or pitch it down or anything. But what blows is that it only retriggs the lenght of the first slice of MX chain. So the sound i get out is only the lenght of a slice.

Despite all this i think this is more of a part issue than MX chain. So this might not be for this topic.

Anyway i hope i explained it :slight_smile:

your video demonstrates the issue.
But one Q: do you have samplelocks on that GRID for the track you used ?

Because from the video they look they aren’t blinking… (so no locks…but maybe it’s just the video)

I’ll try to understand what happens…i’ll try to replicate your slice default values between Parts

yes they are all sample locked. Must be the video… They blink…
Try hitting the part on the beat. And you will get silence. It doesn’t matter what slices you are having set on parts.

ok…it happpens here too.

But looks like tha thappens only if i switch the Part while on the Pattern re-starting, not in the middle or, say, from the 16th to 17th step… (if i have a 32/32 pattern)

Ok i think this might not be the right way of doing it. I read in the manual that you can lock the part to a specific pattern. Now this solves everything. With doing it the way that you change patterns everything works fine

Eureka! :smiley: :+1:

Edit:

Use part per pattern and change patterns and not the parts manually.

Solved…

1 Like

^

good! :joy:

OT just makes you think in a certain way that can be applied to many other stuff in life :heart:
It’s always how you approach things.