Octatrack 1.40

It’s the Octatrack anniversary party! And this tasty OS Upgrade is the birthday cake. And boy are we delighted to hand a slice of awesome firmware out to everyone - MKI and MKII users. In fact, you could say it’s kind of like your birthday too! Grattis!

Parameter Randomization

Much requested and massive fun: Parameter Randomization has arrived on the Octatrack, following its appearance on the Analog, Digi, and Model lines. And it’s no surprise that it feels so at home on this most monolithic of manglers. With a touch of a button, you can try out wildly, randomized parameter pages and either take it off in your own direction or quickly dial it back if things go too far. Who are we kidding? This is a machine for taking things too far!

Tempo per Pattern

You can now set Tempo per Pattern on the Octatrack. Link up arrangements with different BPMs, giving you even more freedom to build dynamic and versatile compositions. Creativity at your pace.

MIDI Trig Modes

The Octatrack now has additional MIDI Trig Modes, giving you extra ways to activate your sounds. Connect a MIDI keyboard or pads to the device to play slices and sample slots with ease, and record them straight into the sequencer. A reason to be Trig happy.

Trig Preview

Trig Preview is now available on the Octatrack. Preview a specific Trig on your headphones or CUE outputs whenever you want, staying a step ahead of the pattern. A super handy feature for a machine with such live performance power. Unlock even more control.

Parameter Lock Multiple Trigs

The Octatrack has reached level 1.40. It has learned a new skill: Parameter Lock Multiple Trigs. You can now edit multiple Trigs simultanously, letting you do even more with your limited digits with a single push. Elektron superpowers, even quicker and easier.

More improvements & fixes

Plus performance improvements and bug fixes. Check the release notes for a full list.

Check out the OS Trailer on YouTube and look out for feature episodes.

To download 1.40 for the Octatrack head here.

119 Likes

Awesome ! Guess I ordered one at the perfect time to be part of the celebration !

5 Likes

And here we are. Great work, @Elektron !

(Santa Claus is coming early this year)

20 Likes

A really nice update. Ticks off 1 or 2 gripes I had with the machine!

2 Likes

20 characters of HOLY $#!+ MIDI SLOTS AND SLICES!!!

7 Likes

Goddammit Elektron. Don’t make me do this.

8 Likes

Yeah! Now I am impressed… might get my first octatrack soon, when the normal black batch will be available… to join my AR and A4 mk1s

2 Likes

OMG. Just OMG.

6 Likes

Octatrack users will be pleased.

65 Likes

Boom! :boom:

1 Like

REJOICE OCTANEERS, tis thy season to be jolly!

6 Likes

And, of course, the LED issue got fixed. There are now even multiple brightness levels (for the LEDs and the display) to select from.

(the other devices looking jealously @ grandpa OT and his new tricks)

33 Likes

:alien::alien::alien:

next machine I need

Slices? By midi? Thank you.

17 Likes

You’re kidding me!

I’ve said it before, but Elektron. You deliver. Eventually!

3 Likes

Thank you, elektron! This is phenomenal!

1 Like

Its a great update :+1:

2 Likes

This gives me much more OctaGAS than the anniversary edition did :joy:

14 Likes

Praise the Trigless god! They really did it, trig preview :exploding_head:

3 Likes

This is amazing. TRIG PREVIEW <3 <3 <3

6 Likes