OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

bummer but I understand

1 Like

Hello All! Where ca i get octaedit? no purchase possible on that side

You can’t purchase octaedit right now. The creator, Rusty, is busy dealing with being alive in 2020, and doesn’t have the time to help onboard new users or provide support for v1 at the moment. The latest release of v1 is now out of date with the current octatrack os. Rusty is still working on v2 when they can and will notify people in this thread when it is available. Your options are to hang tight, or try and find someone willing to sell you their v1 license.

I missed a license going recently and I am very much bummed out about that, but I think the best thing you can do right now is work out how to do what you want without it (most(?) things in octaedit are doable with OT and a computer, although some things will take you muchhh longer), and keep an eye on this thread for further updates from Rusty.

4 Likes

I like that. Very apt.

7 Likes

Just curious about what was mentioned earlier: is V1 not compatible with current t OT os? I haven’t used my copy in awhile but was planning on doing so soon for some bank management. Is this not advised?

OSv1.30 and OSv1.31: Trig Conditions are not supported at all. Editing of Micro Timing and Trig Counts in the Sequencer Module is not supported.

2 Likes

Just to be clear, if I were to say move some banks across projects, the trig conditions in those banks would not port over?

Limitations are:

OctaEdit v1 : Editing of individual Trig Conditions does not exist in the Sequencer module.

OSv1.30 | OSv1.31 : Editing of individual Micro Timing and Trig Counts in the Sequencer Module is not supported.

They would port over, as we are copying the entire bank, and all that includes.

5 Likes

Testing… I’m assuming people can watch this all ok…

22 Likes

Looking sharp!

2 Likes

Genuinely have never looked forward to a piece of software this much. Octanerd

4 Likes

Not as much as I am, trust me on that.

10 Likes

Oh, I do. I’m counting on it, in fact

3 Likes

Many Thanks for the offer Rusty!
And also Merv for explanation!

Nice to see that the topic is still alive!

@Rusty really looks like a nice peace of software… very feature full.

I think i should foocus on octatrack itself for now… as I’m still not enough familar with it…

Björn
I think I’ll use your offer soon.

Hey Rusty,
Hope all is well.
If I purchase the OctaEdit V2 at your site http://octaedit.com/purchase/
I’m assuming I will be getting your current beta version of V2 not V1.
Is that correct?
I own an Octatrack MKII 1.31 & Mac running macOS 10.15.4.

Best,
NAUTILUS

Never dies until I do.

Only OctaEdit v1. Beta of v2 as/when available. Last Beta v1.5.700 is very old now. I’ll post more later.

5 Likes

Hi rusty
This new version of Octaedit looks amazing.
My understanding is that V1 won’t work on newer OSX.
Will V2 work on Catalina?
Thanks!

a) Should do. b) Should do.

1 Like

Amazing mate, I’ll let you know how it goes

Status Update

OctaEdit is available because cats keep asking for it.

OctaEdit v1 is “as is”, warts and all. I have not touched the code in a while and it won’t be updated at this point in time. You can purchase OctaEdit if you want, though I don’t necessarily recommend / advocate waiting for v2 whenever that might be (especially for Windows users)

OctaEdit v2 is a complete rewrite from the ground up. I’ve basically changed everything, more then once, due to functionality / enhancement / requirement changes; part due to Octatrack Operating System changes; part due to OSX / Windows changes; part due to language changes etc.

Don’t ask when v2 will be available; because I can’t answer that at the moment. (Treat it as v1 only, and v2 whenever it arrives)

The last beta I pushed out was v1.5.700 ages ago, with plenty of bugs/issues.

I am currently working on v1.7.055 right now, if enough people express interest in a new beta and doing some testing / providing feedback, I can focus on pushing out a new beta.

I have been busy working on v2; but have been dealing with personal issues, mainly medical, but also life, work and study that have been slowing everything down.

I think given the atrocious state of the world at the moment, it would be churlish of me to complain, given so many are worse off then me.

To quote Merv from Elektronauts “busy dealing with being alive in 2020”; I like that. Very apt.

Any questions, reach out and ask.

Where ever you are, stay safe and look after your loved ones.

28 Likes