OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

Rusty, can a Part to Scene be done? Or Page to Scene?

It should be a feature of the machine, this way we could tweak until having something nice and then don´t have to dial each parameter one by one with the scene button held.

1 Like

Epic reply Rusty :raised_hands:

I’ll buy anything you make if I find use for it and my economical situation allows it.

Carry on.
Peace

4 Likes

That. Overlap or not.

3 Likes

Would be v cool. I’m often pulling a few slices out of a long file and these files have to be loaded into flexs because of the clicky problems on statics. Means eventually doing some fiddly admin to free up memory. This feature would make the housekeeping easier

1 Like

@Rusty
So, this “different product” - when can we expect it to be available?

:troll:

3 Likes

@mokomo wrote:

Feature: a python script that converts an OT/OE project file into an Ableton Project that plays just like on the OT and can be edited in Ableton (within strict constraints) … a python script that converts that Ableton Project back into an OT project

@rusty wrote:

That is not going to happen I’m afraid. Would rather be working on my own DAW / hardware.

In the below post, I explain how to print OT stems to Ableton. AFAICT, it’s the best you can do in Ableton. In my testing, it works great. There are a couple limitations, which I noted in the post. I imagine any sort of Ableton scripting would need to overcome these limitations, if possible.

Anything better will require @Rusty’s DAW thing.

Limitations

• Manual mutes do NOT really work, because the solo overrides them; however, IIRC, arrangement mutes DO work. I explored some some ways around this, but it seemed to make things much more complicated, so I gave up. For me, it is not a big deal; I can just edit my stems in my DAW to have mutes wherever I need them.
  • Ableton does not record received program changes, so you cannot record your OT pattern changes. Use the arranger for changing patterns.
2 Likes

Yes. There is a couple of functions:

• Copy Part to Scene
  • Copy Scene to Part
  • Copy Scene Track to Part
  • Copy Part Track to Scene

On a Part/Scene/Scene Track level; not individual pages; that is only six parameters.

1 Like

Chainer operates on it’s own internal file format / structure; that fully handles Octatrack samples/slices.

So you can [ Import ] an existing Octatrack sample/sliced file; which will split into separate audio files based on the slices, then rebuild from those slices.

3 Likes

Tuesday

4 Likes

Don’t think it’s a joke, just a different product :ecstatic:

3 Likes

It will be Tuesday for sure!

2 Likes

Would be awesome if there was trial version of the software!

Post v2 release, will be looking at providing a demo with limited functionality.

The tricky thing is to find the balance between allowing the flexibility and usage to allow the demo to provide/show the capabilities; whilst also restricting it in such a way that also ensures that the demo, is, well, just that, a demo.

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

What about a choice at startup that only allows 3 modules at a time to be unlocked or something?

Analytics, Options and Support :content:

1 Like

Just the fun ones huh? :-):yum:

2 Likes

That would not be possible / viable.

Ryan: “I’ve got a feature request. I want a happy and peaceful life for Rusty”

@Rusty: “do you or do you not want v2?”

9 Likes

Great, and this can´t be done within the machine, can it?