OctaEdit v2 is now live on IndieGoGo!

Curiously I tried all my visa international cards, personnal and pro and all have been refused…I suspect some security measures since that is not the first time it happens with this new bank…

Of course funds are here ! :slight_smile:

Paypal would have been great though… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m not sure what is happening there. Probably an issue with your bank / them blocking it? Not sure what other options are available via IndieGoGo; don’t think they do PayPal.

Feel free to pm me with what you were trying to do; and I’ll see what I can figure out? Maybe pencil you down for something regardless?

What happens if it doesn’t meet target?

1 Like

Then obviously there is not enough interest to justify the effort involved; and I then question if I want to spend hundreds, if not a thousand or two, hours worth of coding, development, testing, documentation, rewriting the manual and putting together tutorials etc.

If I do decide to release OctaEdit v2 anyway; then it will be in my spare time; as/when I feel like it; and day job / other projects will take priority. That is a big if then; as it would seem like a fairly pointless exercise, no?

That would be sad, and @Rusty would be completely justified in putting the project on the backburner.

Since OT isn’t going to get OB, OctaEdit is really the only option (as far as I can see?) for off-device library management, sample management, and so on. With that in mind, and considering how much the people have paid for the OT hardware itself, I am honestly surprised at the apparent lack of interest in funding its development.

Perhaps the idea simply hasn’t reached enough of the right people.

Would it be worth your while to develop a smaller set of features? You could get interested users (who were willing to contribute financially) to vote on what they’d like to have, and focus only on that module.

Another silly question … have @Elektron themselves shown any interest in supporting your development of the software?

I still have my fingers crossed for indiegogo :smile:

3 Likes

Potentially. OctaEdit is used by everyone from bedroom bangers to some of the biggest live acts / djs in the world; I should get them to namedrop OctaEdit on social media…

The list of features is not a wish list. It’s a list of features that OctaEdit already does.

I’m always open to suggestions as to what features people would like to see… but there is not much that cats could come up with that either isn’t already in there; is already being worked on; or is just not viable / edge case not worth developing. But try me :smiley:

No

Me too :smile:

3 Likes

Me three!

3 Likes

Me for !

3 Likes

I know it is :slight_smile: It’s a crazy impressive feature list. By now I wish I could use it, but I only got an mkII.

(Actually by voting for features, I meant just for v2.)

1 Like

Yeah understandable, hope it goes well. Was just wondering if you’d drop it altogether. sounds like a lot of work

1 Like

Hooray for octaedit

2 Likes

With a rush and a push and OctaEdit v2 is ours…

OctaEdit v2 IndieGoGo Campaign - Only a few days left…

I have been running an IndieGoGo campaign for OctaEdit v2

Why an IndieGoGo campaign?

A lot of work has been done already on OctaEdit v2, yet still a lot more to do.

As I am sure you are well aware; OctaEdit is a massive program, with a wealth of functionality available; and now with the release of the Octatrack MkII and OSv1.30c there is more to do.

Doing an IndieGoGo campaign allows me to justify the effort that I am putting in; ensure more sales; and provide some marketing and exposure.

What’s new in OctaEdit v2?

• Updated GUI / UX
  • Octatrack Mk II Support
  • OSv1.30 Support
  • Conditional Trigs
  • Updated / rewritten manual
  • Some new functionality and improvements
  • Maybe Midi Import / Export; depending on how the IndieGoGo campaign goes…

Will you be adding in function X, Y or Z?

Now would be a great time to let me know if you have any feature requests; or additional functionality that you would like added.

Post publicly either on the IndieGoGo campaign, Elektronauts or Facebook; or send me an email.

How much will OctaEdit v2 cost?

For existing users? Free

OctaEdit v2 will be a free update to all existing users; who will automatically receive a “Full” licence; and I will send those out to you in time for the v2 release.

What happens if it doesn’t meet the target?

Then obviously there is not enough interest to justify the effort involved; and I then question if I want to spend hundreds, if not a thousand or two, hours worth of coding, development, testing, documentation, rewriting the manual and putting together tutorials etc.

If I do decide to release OctaEdit v2 anyway; then it will be in my spare time; as/when I feel like it; and day job / other projects will take priority.

What can I do to help?

Spread the word. Post positive feedback / referrals. Spam forums / public media. Inform Blogs / Websites etc.

Thanks,
Rusty

2 Likes

Hey @Rusty,
I’ve been more or less financially irresponsible for about two years now and spend way too much time Octatracking instead of working… :joy:
I barely scrape by, otherwise I’d support you on this %111…

Just wanted to let you know… Would of bought it years ago if I’d ever start making more than I spend in a week. :wink:

3 Likes

Apprecaite the thoughts and kind words @Open_Mike :heart:

1 Like

Hey,it seems thatI’m stuck with this indiegogo payment…It just does not accept my credit cards which work perfectly fine everywhere else…

I don’t think there is anything I can do about that I’m afraid. Seems like it is all on IndieGoGo’s end?

Yeah, thanks for your concern. They told me to see directly with you if we could find a solution using paypal. I still wait for a reply from my bank…

Sent you a pm.

Hey @Rusty, I’m wishing I’d grabbed Octaedit awhile ago like others. Brilliant accoutrement to the OT itself. May just now have extra energy available to send. Sending a pm. Really great work you’re continuing to do :smile:

Also, used to live in Wellington, beautiful city :heart_eyes:

I came to this late - I see that the IndieGoGo campaign ended…

I just got an Octatrack MkII - do either OctaEdit or OctaZip (in their current versions) work with the MkII and the latest OS?

Thanks for your reply…