OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

I’d support this too.

If I had time, I’d help out with the development too. I’m an embedded software engineer. Been working in the business for 26 years.

Unfortunately, I don’t have time for the day-job development work, making music, being a Dad and working on something like this - much as I’d like to get involved.

Maybe a good approach might be - to have a proof-of-concept application with limited functionality and minimal UI to show that OT’s data can be accessed. That might generate more interest and potential financial support for a full-fledged application…?

I’ll be releasing something in the next few days that I think will be of interest to people…

As opposed to a PoC, I have a working build, providing full blown read/write access etc etc

Not quite Alpha build yet, but getting closer…

1 Like

Sweet!

:astonished: :+1: :+1: :astonished: This would be awesome.

For Mac OSX?

Rusty for President ! :+1:

Great thing! Looking forward to see a first version of this … :slight_smile:

Would of course pitch in assuming it were realistic that banks/samples or even parts could be seamlessly swapped between projects. Other functions may be welcome but that is my main functionality concern.
Windows 7 here…

Yes, already does that.

Yep, does the samples as well.

Check. Does Parts as well.

Lots of other functionality included.

Anything else you desire? :joy:

That about covers my immediate needs in an OT editor, but hmm… I wouldn’t mind a fully automatic grilled cheese sandwich maker. :slight_smile:
Totally intrigued!!!

There’s nothing that can’t be done.

Give me enough time, and throw enough money at me, and it will also have a special “fully automatic grilled cheese sandwich maker” mode only available to you.

Nice!

This sounds great Rusty. Any chance it might also magically make me any good on the Octatrack too?..

Give me enough time, and throw enough money at me, and it will also have a special “make J0n35y good on the Octatrack” dial that goes from 1 to 11, of couse this will only be available to you.

this sounds awsome. my only question is have you encountered any bugs yet? and in the case of a crash would it be a factory reset or can we “backup” and “restore” our OT’s somehow?

You should have backups of the compact flash card content already anyway. Memory card corruption happens and it’s really not fun. I do monthly backups of my Octatrack on my PC and on a USB hard drive, so I don’t loose my work.

Just copy the content of the CF card in a folder somewhere on your hard drive. If you need to restore the backup, copy it back to the CF.

Bugs? Never, not a single one. Who has bugs? :thinking:

Yeah, absolutely. Either via:

a) Ye olde fashioned way

b) Built in backup point in the software editor to restore back to original start point.

I wouldn’t be stressed about corrupting your OctaTrack, or destroying your sets. I’m not.

I’m a web and software developper. Email me if you want some help.
I can also design visual things.

That about covers my immediate needs in an OT editor, but hmm… I wouldn’t mind a fully automatic grilled cheese sandwich maker. :slight_smile:
Totally intrigued!!!
[/quote]

Give me enough time, and throw enough money at me, and it will also have a special “fully automatic grilled cheese sandwich maker” mode only available to you.
[/quote]
I’m appreciating your confidence… I’m not rich so might have to leave the grilled cheese out for now but can most definitely start with pitching 50 bucks. Just say when and how.

Yeah, I’m totally interested in this.
I’d be using OSX.

Cant wait to see it!