OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

I’m not even sure what OctaEdit is, exactly (I just got an mki recently, mind bending but great fun), but regardless - @Rusty, be good to and take care of yourself, do whatever best helps you navigate this and whatever other shitstorms 2020 throws at us all, and best of luck in whatever is playing out.

I’ll try to do the same.

1 Like

Just trying to quiet my mind contemplating the words and lectures of Alan Watts has probably been the most beneficial thing to my mental health in the past year. Most of the time that recommendation goes over pretty poorly with folks unless they’ve already found themselves there/somewhere similar, but I swear, a year or 2 year into exploring his and the similar/related teachings of others, it never ceases to quiet at least some of the incessant noise. For those who haven’t listened, next time you’re going out of your fucking mind unable to sleep or fighting a panic or just want to burn it all down, just YouTube Alan Watts on your phone and play the first lecture that comes up. It’s a strange thing to say, but I don’t know where I’d be today if not for saying fucking it a handful of times and typing this very type of suggestion into a search bar. Somewhere worse, that’s for sure.

5 Likes

When does your Octatrack book come out Rusty? Would love to get a copy along with the editing software :wink:

1 Like

Maybe never. I doubt it [ Octatrack Bible ] is worth the time and energy required to finish writing it all, preparing all the tutorial projects, videos etc.

2 Likes

bummer but I understand

1 Like

Hello All! Where ca i get octaedit? no purchase possible on that side

You can’t purchase octaedit right now. The creator, Rusty, is busy dealing with being alive in 2020, and doesn’t have the time to help onboard new users or provide support for v1 at the moment. The latest release of v1 is now out of date with the current octatrack os. Rusty is still working on v2 when they can and will notify people in this thread when it is available. Your options are to hang tight, or try and find someone willing to sell you their v1 license.

I missed a license going recently and I am very much bummed out about that, but I think the best thing you can do right now is work out how to do what you want without it (most(?) things in octaedit are doable with OT and a computer, although some things will take you muchhh longer), and keep an eye on this thread for further updates from Rusty.

4 Likes

I like that. Very apt.

7 Likes

Just curious about what was mentioned earlier: is V1 not compatible with current t OT os? I haven’t used my copy in awhile but was planning on doing so soon for some bank management. Is this not advised?

OSv1.30 and OSv1.31: Trig Conditions are not supported at all. Editing of Micro Timing and Trig Counts in the Sequencer Module is not supported.

2 Likes

Just to be clear, if I were to say move some banks across projects, the trig conditions in those banks would not port over?

Limitations are:

OctaEdit v1 : Editing of individual Trig Conditions does not exist in the Sequencer module.

OSv1.30 | OSv1.31 : Editing of individual Micro Timing and Trig Counts in the Sequencer Module is not supported.

They would port over, as we are copying the entire bank, and all that includes.

5 Likes

Testing… I’m assuming people can watch this all ok…

22 Likes

Looking sharp!

2 Likes

Genuinely have never looked forward to a piece of software this much. Octanerd

4 Likes

Not as much as I am, trust me on that.

10 Likes

Oh, I do. I’m counting on it, in fact

3 Likes

Many Thanks for the offer Rusty!
And also Merv for explanation!

Nice to see that the topic is still alive!

@Rusty really looks like a nice peace of software… very feature full.

I think i should foocus on octatrack itself for now… as I’m still not enough familar with it…

Björn
I think I’ll use your offer soon.

Hey Rusty,
Hope all is well.
If I purchase the OctaEdit V2 at your site http://octaedit.com/purchase/
I’m assuming I will be getting your current beta version of V2 not V1.
Is that correct?
I own an Octatrack MKII 1.31 & Mac running macOS 10.15.4.

Best,
NAUTILUS

Never dies until I do.

Only OctaEdit v1. Beta of v2 as/when available. Last Beta v1.5.700 is very old now. I’ll post more later.

5 Likes