Are you planning on buying OctaEdit?

What Octatrack do you have?

What Octatrack OS are you using?

What OS are you using?

Any Feature requests?

That is a different product(s) :lobster:

That is a different product(s) :jack_o_lantern:

That is a different product(s) :aquarius:

That is not going to happen Iā€™m afraid. Would rather be working on my own DAW / hardware.

a) MegaBreaks is just a configuration / process.
b) Easy enough to do / browse / search in the [ Audio Finder ] module.
c) Everything can be randomised.

Already implemented. RTFM.

No. Afraid not. No plans for that.

I donā€™t understand the request? You mean like midi control with a Novation or something?

That is a different product(s) :baby_chick:

That is a different product(s) :cactus:

No. Afraid not. No plans for that.

Potential licensing / cost issues with regards to Propellerheads, utilsing there API etc. So really not worth the hassle tbh. And considering Iā€™ve also developed my own approach to such thingsā€¦ not going to happen.

I could do that. Would be a little bit of juggling, in/out USB mode; midi support etc., but not impossible. Not exactly high priority though; so donā€™t expect it tbh.

a) Chainer Module.
b) Sequencer Module -> Step Sequencer -> draw in values as required.

No plans on doing that.

That is a different product(s) :dango:

That is a different product(s) :ear_of_rice:

If you find some spare time, ping some my way?

Probably outside scope. Depends what I build into Chainerā€¦ no promises though.

a) Done.
b) If you are asking about changing fonts? No, wonā€™t happen. Resizable fonts? Yes, done.

Refer post #1756

Typed values: Each and every parameter has a context menu which displays [ Default | Minimum | Maximum | Random | Valuesā€¦ ]

So typed values are not going to happen. Why? too many variables / list values etc.

Chainer: Refer post #1817

Thereā€™s a few in there.

That is a different product(s) :footprints:

Donā€™t have the time / energy for that kind of carry on Iā€™m afraidā€¦ and, um, wouldnā€™t be worth my time of day Iā€™m afraid?

Sequencer Module has a [ Swap Track nn withā€¦ ] function amongst other tricks. (Yes, that does work between Audio and Midi Tracks)

Thatā€™s one request no? Everyone knows :cat2: :cat2: :cat2: love :pizza:

I think I replied to this earlier?

:open_mouth:

I donā€™t have the time/energy to be making those. The [ Library ] module and all the Copy / Paste / Save to Library / Load from Library makes this all easy enough to do.

Library Entries can be imported / exported / shared between usersā€¦

That is a different product(s) :game_die:

There is audio playback of samples.

a) Not sure what exactly you want streamlined?
or
b) As good as its ever going to get.

How is the key stored? If it is the file name, both the [ Samples ] and [ Audio Finder ] modules provide wildcard filtering.

There is a finite limit of 264 Sample Slots on the Octatrack. There are clever ways to work with/around those; any more then that, youā€™d need to ask Elektron, or Iā€™d need to develop an aftermarket OS.

Manager Module.

Length is auto set / calculated when importing; and you can change it very easily / quickly in the [ Samples ] module.

Already implemented. RTFM.

No comment.

Will add a text editor for you :wink:

This wonā€™t happen as it would require the force saving of Projects to ensure dependencies are maintained. Easy enough to do it yourself manually via [ Save and Assign ] in the [ Samples ] module; and use the [ Analytics ] function(ality) to see where used.

Arranger Module.

You need a midi tool box, or ask Elektron, or an aftermarket OS.

Limitation of the Octatrack / CF card.

Manager Module.

Arranger Module.

Analytics in the [ Samples ] and [ Manager ] modules does exactly that, and returns the results to the [ Analytics ] module.

Manager Module

No comment.

Arranger Module.

Youā€™d need to ask Elektron, or Iā€™d need to develop an aftermarket OS.

No comment.

20 Likes

Response noted, but I like the way this person thinks!

Exciting times Rusty, godspeed.

6 Likes

:coffee:
I was waking up like now for the survey. :slight_smile:
Now I have a feature request, maybe already implemented :
A ā€œKeep only slicesā€ function, deleting unused audio.

Soā€¦ that straight away leads to a couple of different scenarios; without even thinking about it.

• Remove preceding audio
  • Remove trailing audio
  • Remove any audio not in slices
  • What if slices over lap?
  • etcā€¦

Or, you know, you could just use the functionality already in OctaEdit, but you do you :wink:

2 Likes

Ping me about this again on the weekendā€¦ link me to the postā€¦ cogs turning.

1 Like

Rusty, can a Part to Scene be done? Or Page to Scene?

It should be a feature of the machine, this way we could tweak until having something nice and then donĀ“t have to dial each parameter one by one with the scene button held.

1 Like

Epic reply Rusty :raised_hands:

Iā€™ll buy anything you make if I find use for it and my economical situation allows it.

Carry on.
Peace

4 Likes

That. Overlap or not.

3 Likes

Would be v cool. Iā€™m often pulling a few slices out of a long file and these files have to be loaded into flexs because of the clicky problems on statics. Means eventually doing some fiddly admin to free up memory. This feature would make the housekeeping easier

1 Like

@Rusty
So, this ā€œdifferent productā€ - when can we expect it to be available?

:troll:

3 Likes

@mokomo wrote:

Feature: a python script that converts an OT/OE project file into an Ableton Project that plays just like on the OT and can be edited in Ableton (within strict constraints) ā€¦ a python script that converts that Ableton Project back into an OT project

@rusty wrote:

That is not going to happen Iā€™m afraid. Would rather be working on my own DAW / hardware.

In the below post, I explain how to print OT stems to Ableton. AFAICT, itā€™s the best you can do in Ableton. In my testing, it works great. There are a couple limitations, which I noted in the post. I imagine any sort of Ableton scripting would need to overcome these limitations, if possible.

Anything better will require @Rustyā€™s DAW thing.

Limitations

• Manual mutes do NOT really work, because the solo overrides them; however, IIRC, arrangement mutes DO work. I explored some some ways around this, but it seemed to make things much more complicated, so I gave up. For me, it is not a big deal; I can just edit my stems in my DAW to have mutes wherever I need them.
  • Ableton does not record received program changes, so you cannot record your OT pattern changes. Use the arranger for changing patterns.
2 Likes

Yes. There is a couple of functions:

• Copy Part to Scene
  • Copy Scene to Part
  • Copy Scene Track to Part
  • Copy Part Track to Scene

On a Part/Scene/Scene Track level; not individual pages; that is only six parameters.

1 Like

Chainer operates on itā€™s own internal file format / structure; that fully handles Octatrack samples/slices.

So you can [ Import ] an existing Octatrack sample/sliced file; which will split into separate audio files based on the slices, then rebuild from those slices.

3 Likes

Tuesday

4 Likes

Donā€™t think itā€™s a joke, just a different product :ecstatic:

3 Likes

It will be Tuesday for sure!

2 Likes

Would be awesome if there was trial version of the software!

Post v2 release, will be looking at providing a demo with limited functionality.

The tricky thing is to find the balance between allowing the flexibility and usage to allow the demo to provide/show the capabilities; whilst also restricting it in such a way that also ensures that the demo, is, well, just that, a demo.

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

What about a choice at startup that only allows 3 modules at a time to be unlocked or something?