OctaChainer v1.3_

Windows 10

I’m on W10 too. Should work. Dunno what would a Dropbox would change…

Ok. Apologies but it’s been forever since I was on a PC. (I’m a Mac guy.)
When I click on the link to download it, a pop up wants me to sign up for Dropbox. I closed that pop up, but I’m having trouble figuring out what to do after that. Tried downloading the zip file, or at least I thought I did, but when I click on it to unzip it, it just opens the browser page where I downloaded the zip file from. Haha

I’m sure I’ll figure it out. Really just wanted to make sure it wasn’t giving me troubles because I needed to have a Dropbox account. Thank you.

Ah IIRC it was problematic to download for me too. I don’t remember how I did, but it really pissed me off…
@Abhoth ?

1 Like

Hmm. I haven’t heard of any problems, other than the one you mentioned some posts back:

Perhaps I should find somewhere else to put them…

1 Like

A visual reference for the thread. I got confused a bit with the pop up window for me to sign up. Don’t pay attention to it. Click on the symbol (download) indicated by my giant red arrow, and you are good to go.

5 Likes

Yes! Thank you so much! Will try again here shortly…

Yeah they just want to trick you into registering and sending them money. Just ignore it…

Does anyOne know whether OctaCgainer works properly on macOS (Big Sur)? Last time I tried it was super buggy (not usable for me)

1 Like

That totally worked! Can’t wait to get home from work tonight to start putting together some chains. Thanks again! :partying_face:

4 Likes

I think i used to got it working at least once but impossible to read the chain created on the OT.

I can launch the program (Wine on Linux), create a chain, read the WAV on my laptop, 44.1Khz/16 bits. Impossible to read on the OT it does appear only on the file manager.

What am i missing?
Do i need to create a file by adding empty slices to reach a multiple available on the AED?

Even if i delete the .ot the file is still invisible on the OT.

No you can have any number of slices up to 64.

Where are you putting the file in the OT card?

FWIW try opening the file in audacity, then export it as wav, I have tried this before with other times that wav would not load in other things.

I finally used another tool to concatenate all the files :sweat_smile:

I can’t open eac file to export it it would take ages. Quite upset OctaChainer doesn’t work properly and quite strange the created WAV file can’t be read by OT.

It works fine for me on win7 and win10(ugh).

1 Like

I got you some exposure my dear :tongue:

Ahem yeah I know the video is really ugly and you would have made something way better, but it already took me 3 hours to do this crappy 2mn thing.
Loopop wouldn’t share the OT sample chains I created for his contest without a video :sweat_smile:

My regards to Irene!

10 Likes

Nice, thank you! Very much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Irene says hi (we returned from Lyon the other day, btw, but KLM lost our luggage with all the cheese :cry: )

2 Likes

Sweet & Thanks @Abhoth & @LyingDalai (for spreading the vid/word).

Will put them chains in the OT tonight and see what happens.

2 Likes

Damn! I too had trouble with cheese in Lyon airport back in the days…
I was stolen a very finely matured St Marcelin by the airport security, like it was some kind of explosive.
:thinking:

And KLM also had trouble with my luggage at some point

I’m in Rennes, in Brittany, now!
You’re still both welcome!!

2 Likes

I’m finding this really useful, but I’m getting clicks in about one in every ten samples, when I make a chain with eg 63 one shot samples, and with “normalise slices” on. It goes away if I have no normalisation., but I really want normalisation! Turning down the gain doesn’t help, and the clicks are in the middle of the sound (anywhere in the middle), not the beginning or end, so the fade in and out selections won’t help.

Am I alone? MacOS 10.14.

1 Like

You can normalise (or add gain 3 db at a time) on individual slices easily on the OT and overwrite the settings file.

1 Like