OctaChainer v1.3_

Hi,

I just downloaded the OctaChainer v1.3

First of all, thanks to the autor for the great work!

I’m trying to figure out how to use the Megabreak mode. Should I add 16 loop files and the software does the rest? what setting can be changed in the menu? what about zero crossings?

Thanks

6 Likes

Yes @Abhoth you did it! :thup:
MEGACHAINER !
I have to plug my computer! :sad:
@denoise Thanks for the link. I have to check it, but loops have to be same length I think.

1 Like

OctaChainer_v1_3 is considered as a virus by Windows 8.1 and Avast > Quarantine :angry:
Weird because I used OctaChainer_v1_2 without any problem.

@denoise what is your OS ?

Edit : I had to deactivate Avast and Windows Smartscreen.

• Loops have to be the same length

• The number of files you add is defined by the number of loops you will hear, and the number of crossfader divisions.

• The number of files you export is defined by the number of loops divisions, or sample locks.

1 bar, 1 plock per step = 16 exports.
1 bar, 1 plock for 2 steps (1/8th) = 8 exports.

For zero crossings, you can try implemented fade in/out, or prepare audio files with your DAW, or Octatrack…

https://www.elektronauts.com/uploads/default/original/3X/e/3/e3ede362f4cc22b1a4ba01404d99a089bd3af88c.jpg
S=Original Sample, SL=SLice, R=Result Sample

3 Likes

Probably false positive:

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/39b63a5f5331b9421481855419c465789bb11295da118339bbf1bcdfa74e77c3/analysis/1507078056/

The megabreak option is amazing btw. saves alot of work !

1 Like

@Abhoth seems a good guy. Can’t be bad.
https://www.elektronauts.com/user_avatar/www.elektronauts.com/abhoth/240/2102_1.png

I tried with 8x8 without problems. I’d like to check with sine waves to check if matrix is totally accurate.

Seems to work with Statics, otherwise it would be very limited for a whole live.

For me 16 loops are enough, otherwise it’s hard to find the good one. 1/8th are ok, so I’ll try a 16x32.

To emulate a filter, I’d like to try 128 loops with different filters values, and use start mode.

Argh Avast alerted about the file and now I don’t even see the executable. I did report it as a false alarm… how do I get it to show again? Windows 7.

It may be in quarantine. I unzipped it again. To try it I deactivated Avast momentarily.
In Avast menu there are exceptions. Copy the octachainer.exe file path.
Seems to work for me.

1 Like

Hello and thanks @Abhoth for making this great tool. I spent so many time in preparing the files in order to get the Megabreak.
Now this looks to me as a gamechanger BUT…I cannot succeed getting the correct sound out of it.
I load 16 files - then ask to split them in 16 files and then I load them in OT, putting correct trigger loading the 16 slots.
But the sound is not correct.
Leaving same triggers but swapping Octachainer files withe the ones I prepared by hand in the past the sound is now ok.

Is anyone keen to help ?

Thanks a lot in advance

What are the differences between previous files and Octachainer files ? Same lengths? Sound the same ?
Check attributes in Octachainer.

It worked for me, with a project with matrix fikes I made.

I have not used same files.
I’ll try another time with precise lengths since i used files from a folder with same BPM and KBytes dimension.
But now I am not sure they are so precise.
Also the weird thing is that they all sound the same like they have the same beginning or, better, trig 1 sounds like 3-5-and so on. While trig 2 sounds like 4-6 and so on

So your setting are :
16 step pattern,
Step 1 = matrix sample 1
Step 2 = matrix sample 2…
Scene A = Slice 1
Scene B = Slice 17
?
I prefer 17 instead of 16, it corresponds better to crossfader marks.

I didn’t even got yet to the crossfader since playing normally SL1 (sic the first loop) doesn’t even get closer to its original sound …it sound like every step (16th) is the same.
But every step loads and a different Flex slot.
In a hours I’ll try and report back.

If it doesn’t work you can send me your files if you want, I can try to make it work or find what’s wrong.

1 Like

ok…weird enough I am not actually able to get proper sounding MXchains after preparing them by hand as I used to do in the past. :cry:

I am sending you a dropbox link where you’ll find the original 16 loops (they are random picked ones since I had interest only in trying out the Octachainer) - another folder with hand matrixed files using Protools - another by Octachainer - then a OT Project folder including all the matrixed files (PT and OChainer) and two patterns. A01 with steps pointing to PT matrix files and A02 to OChainer files.
They sound quite the same in what I was meaning in previous posts. Just A02 sound a bit sloppier at the edges …but this doesn’t matter at the moment.

Thanks a lot for your time @sezare56 !!!

+++++EDIT+++++

I think I’ve got whats wrong: I placed trigs on one bar (16th) while the loops were of 2 bars…just halving the pattern speed solved it !!

Thanks so muuuch !!! Thank for this great quick tool …THE OCTACHAINER!! wowowowowow!!!

1 Like

Yep, I tried and it worked. Original files have slight length differences though.
Good megabreaking ! :slight_smile:

I just have a doubt how to proper using the tool.
If I want to use 64_one bar_loops how should I set up the OChainer?
I would like to have action on one bar on OT.

I loaded the 64 loops and tried with the following settings: Split output into 16 files, since I want one bar populated with 16 triggers.
But OChainer sliced them by 16 and not 64.
Changing setting to: Split output to 64 then creates 64 files…

I am getting confused…

Can’t elaborate nor test now but 16 steps = 16 split matrix files…
You mean the split files are not divided in 64 slices?

Yes.
I’d like to have a one bar pattern with 16 steps (so 16 matrix files) and 64 slices (the original 64 one bar loops).
But I do not know how to achieve this with OChainer.
I Add 64 loop files and ask it to Split output into 16 files.
But slices (once into the OT) are 16 not 64. Actually I find that they are 17 slices and the last one is really small in range…

Try with files with exactly the same length…