Sound Pack: Drench Case for Digitakt

I have a variation on an old joke which will almost certainly get flagged so let’s just leave it at that

1 Like

Legendary. I don’t buy many sample packs but…

Also cool to see the fishing theme continued from Stealth (maybe earlier?)

This interview is gold.

If I had received a dollar each time I’ve felt ignorant in this place, I’d be rich.
Instead, I’ve found new sounds, and I do feel richer ^^

Seriously, there’s nothing like opening a door and watching the great soundscapes that we’re only waiting for your ears to arrive to this precise moment!

This piece is from 1996: my journey has only began.

I’d be very appreciative to any references, especially in the form of a Bandcamp link.
I guess I’m not the only one to have to enter the Time Machine…

7 Likes

The human tornado blesses us with some scorny bits and I am completely on board.

1 Like

In the wise words of napalm death (scum):
Another product for you to buy,
you‘ll keep paying until you die.

Btw: stupid question. For ot these need to be converted to 41.1khz or not or what is meant with also works on ot?

DT takes 16 bits/48 kHz mono samples.
OT likes both mono and stereo 16 bits/24 bits 44.1 kHz samples.
So it will work, but the samples will most likely be slightly pitched down.

On OT, you will most likely want to create 64-sample chains with Octachainer, which is also a great tool to convert your samples.

2 Likes

Do they really get pitched down or re-sampled? I am curious

If you put a 48kHz sample on the OT Flash Card, it will be pitched down, I am 90% sure if this. I’ll check later, if you want.

2 Likes

I’m almost 100% certain this is the case.

You even get a small flat face appear beside the sample in the sample browser if it’s not the correct sample rate.

Pretty sure it’s

:slight_smile: -> good sample rate & enough buffer space

:expressionless: -> wrong sample rate but enough buffer space

:frowning: -> not enough space to load sample in ram buffer

1 Like

I second this - a dtprj file would be cool - to fully demonstrate the soundscape of a sample pack and to teach about how some tracks are arranged / sequenced etc.

dtprj-files are a rarity, and yet such a good learning resource.

1 Like

These are the best sound pack demos I’ve ever heard! Badass.

So to be clear, the samples are not also formatted in 44.1khz for the OT (and in my case SP-16)?

Indeed. They are all mono / 16 bits / 48kHz samples (I’ve just checked).
But it’s not hard to convert.

1 Like

The only valid format for Digitakt is 48k/16bit mono, then the Transfer app will be in charge of converting any other format you throw into it so to match the specs.

3 Likes

You’re right, I thought it was 24 bits but it’s only the audio AD/DA converters that are 24 bits on DT.

1 Like

worst experience trying to purchase/download this …
I hadnt logged on to Elektron.se since it got changed/fucked up and good god did it make me work for it…
Wouldnt accept my log in info, made me re input my email, wouldnt accept the email ive been using for years so i switched momentarily to my work email and that was a huge mistake because it wouldnt let me switch back to my old email.
long, harrowing story cut short, i got the website to acknowledge my old email and got my purchase info back, but no record of this Drench Case soundpack in my history, though they absolutely took money from me for it…
Im ready for the pitchforks and torches…
this new website is absolute garbage.
im over an hour and a half in trying to purchase and download a soundpack.

I bought it on my phone and didn’t see a download link in the email or anything. I had to log into the site, view my account and find the sound pack section.

I’ve been having an absolute blast with these sounds ever since.

3 Likes

I was literally just listening to Scorn’s album Evanescence (kinda on repeat) for the first time in decades and thinking about how well it’s held up. In the 90s there was a good year where I would alternate between Scorn, FSOL, and Orbital to sleep. This is so right on time and Mick Harris is a beast…

4 Likes

Fucking Mick Harris !!! How I love Scorn since their first release

3 Likes

Ohhhh Mick!!! I almost miss this!!! Gonna check it out for sure… Been a fan since ND, genius!!!

anyone got this and know roughly how big it is?
just wondering how much of my remaining Digitakt space it will eat!