OB 1.15.0 Issues

I was replying to the previous poster, so more of a philosophical question for him but thanks.

I got a reply from elektron saying that this is not going to work well.
I wanted to do the same and sync using my erm multiclock. I guess you will get into problems regarding the latencycompensation applied by the daw and the elektrons reacting not immediately to midi clock changes (or the midiclock generator not reacting to changes from the daw regarding the latency compensation?)?
dont know really. audio through overbridge just doesnt work properly on my systems. ordered an overhub - hope this will solve the problem otherwise i just stick to my mixer and multiclock and have the most expensive hub in history

2 Likes

FWIW, I’m using Pyramid sequencer as a master clock with Ableton Live and Rytm as direct slaves via midi clock. Neither Ableton Live or Rytm rely on each other for sync, just the Pyramid. I am still using Overbridge VST for Rytm’s audio though, with it’s sync setting turning completely off (even BPM off). So the audio that comes out of the Rytm is still plugin latency compensated with Live and everything comes out of one stereo output (Live’s). I find sync is pretty good this way when you are trying to incorporate hardware. Any jitter / drift in the midi clock seems to be handled similarly enough between both slaves that they stay in sync. If you are using audio clips in Live you’ll definitely need to have warping applied to them. Either “Beat” at 1/16 or 1/32, or “Complex” with lots and lots of custom markers - mainly because Ableton Live synced as a slave can get a little jittery, but with the warping in place Live and Rytm stay in sync together really well, in my experience. I can’t speak to how well this works with different hardware as a master clock. It’s my impression the Pyramid is really good at this.

This is just for playing live, btw.

1 Like

I can’t say for sure now. Just invested a lot of money in an elektron branded usb hub. used a cheap mtt hub from amazon before. connected 30 mins ago. so far overbridge is working for me.

5 Likes

I’m running a Usamo as well, connecting Ableton on Windows to a Cirklon. The Cirklon then sends sync and transport back to my Rytm and AK, which are using Overbridge for audio only. With a combination of port delay on the Cirklon and track delay in Ableton for the audio tracks fed by Overbridge, I’m able to get it to sync OK. Definitely room for improvement though.

Good to hear - I’m using a cheap Amazon USB 3.0 hub that supposedly supports mtt. I’ve been wondering if the Overhub is worth the extra money as I have occasional lockups in Ableton with my Rytm and AK when using Overbridge for audio only.

I really cant say 100% that this is the reason it is working now. You have to buy at your own risk…

1 Like

Im having problems with Overbridge and AR. Tempo speeds up then goes back to normal intermittently- annoying.

mac- sierra

logic 10.3

iMac 3.5fhz intel core i7

Did you have the problem when using Logic 10.2? (the update is pretty fresh)

//Tomas

Yeah, nothing changed for me with the update

Have a new problem with OB now, this time with Heat. Every time, literally every time, i open a saved project with a Heat OB plug-in there is a loud high pitched screaming noise. The only way to stop it is to reset core audio in the audio preferences.

Has OB ever even been tested with Logic? I get so many problems with it.

mac- sierra

logic 10.3

iMac 3.5fhz intel core i7

Analog Four sounds “speeds up” like some kind of pitch shift very frequently… Both AU/VST, Mac (Sierra), using Ableton.

Hey guys (elektron stuff). When are you going to release the bugfixes for 1.15 ? I feel stuck a little due to broken pattern change right now. Worked around by sequencing from my DAW right now, which is kind of shitty. Any plans of revealing the source for OB, so talented coders could do it themselve ?

Cheers

So I bought the Heat.
I expected it to work inside my ableton
But it doesn’t. It only creates glitches, noise, latency and other problems.
Even as a soundcard for listening music, it glitches and turns off.

I thought… this won’t take very long…
but it does.

when can we expect a solution to this problem? I don’t like it to buy something and then wait for 6 months before I can use it as explained when I bought it.

(sorry for the negativity, I love elektron, but the problems I have with the VST on Heat makes me negative)

2 Likes

Try de- and reinstalling OB and the drivers…
Try connecting the AH directly to your computer without USB Hub…
Try messing around with the buffer settings.
:slight_smile:

i tried enough… install, reinstall, deinstall, reinstall, overhub, no overhub…

all without good results and no good feeling

probs with with mac book pro 2011 after updating to mac os sierra. I run A4 and AR via Overhub. Soundcard is on the 2nd USB port.
There is always 1 unit corretly in overbridge control panel. But for the 2nd only main outs are showing up. when I try to switch on more channels and from 16 to 24bit it says “bandwith is to low. please use mtt hub” … but I do! :frowning:

Also when using Logic, it doesn´t recognise the 2nd device. Both machines have latest OS and I uninstall and re-installed Overbridge after os upgrade.

I have the exact same problem… the Analog Heat works awesome without the computer but the moment I try to use it with OverBridge in Ableton it crashes my system.

With the Analog4 and Rytm OverBridge is very stable with my setup:
MacBook Pro 2012 top level running 10.9.5
16gig RAM
2TB SSD memory

Is there an update in the near future to fix how Heat works with Ableton?
If not I might have to return it as I want to use it for playing out and for production.

Thanks in advance.

Very helpful tip. Still, when trying to tag things en mass, this makes it very difficult. Would be nice to see a minor update to squash these bugs.

Support mentioned that they will try and have a fix in the future - just not soon.

1 Like