OB 1.15.0 Issues

only reasonable cause of action as i wait is to buy a A4. :sweat_smile:

major issues with this version of overbridge and cannot roll back to earlier version unable to uninstall and can repair the install? please help
get error the wizard end prematurely because of an error? is there any tools to remove the control panel?

UPDATE

reinstalled, changed usb ports, deleted again, reinstalled changed back to original port, and now working fine.

Now it works better than before. Previously I was unable to route audio to separate tracks in ableton (saying bandwidth had been reached after 2 tracks), now I get audio from all tracks routed to individual tracks in ableton. Really happy.

2 Likes

Yes, and it looks like sending program changes to the Overbridge plugin doesnā€™t work either. Iā€™m not sure if PCā€™s were ever a supported feature for the plugin - perhaps just midi notes. They only way I can change patterns from a DAW (ableton) is sending program changes directly to the Rytm (MIDI port or USB input), instead of the Overbridge VST plugin.

Everything seems to work fine except the sofware plays 2 tracks at the time. I pick track 1 on hardware and plug in plays 2 tracks. Anyone experienced this? Oddly the behavior is Not always present but enough to make my life miserable.

This is about analog keys, mac os sierra, 2011 imac, logic pro x

Is it possible perhaps to turn off send midi while NOT on midi ext on logic

Rendering will never work, the AH needs to process the audio in real timeā€¦

2 Likes

exact problem here.
It takes a while for the sound to initialize. When it finally does I can see and hear the audio metered in Ableton but it is nothing but digital high pitched buzz noise.
I also get the error ā€œThereā€™s a problem with the Overbridge Engine. Please re-plug the USB cable for this deviceā€ displayed in the plugin window. Tried plugging/unplugging, both USB ports & different cables, still doesnā€™t work. Also tried all buffer settings.

Will keep searching, hoping to find a solution

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)
OS 10.10.5
Ableton Live 9.6.2

UPDATE
The manual mentions using a Multi-TT USB hub for optimized USB audio streaming.
I ā€˜luckilyā€™ picked up an Overhub and if I plug my Heat into it, everything works as expected.

My laptop is equipped with USB 3.0 Hi-Speed ports but it seems the Heat doesnā€™t play well with them without first passing through a Multi-TT hub.

The Overbridge manual does specifically state that the Heat is a Hi-Speed device and does not require a Multi-TT hub but strangely the Overhub seems to have fixed my audio issues.

From the manual -
"You should use a Multiple Transaction Translator (Multi-TT) USB hub, such as Elektron Overhub, if you want a optimized USB audio streaming performance with as many channels as possible running, when you use multiple Overbridge devices.

A Multi-TT hub is required to utilize the full 12 Mbit/s bandwidth of multiple USB Full Speed devices at the same time. With a Single Transaction Translator USB hub, all USB Full Speed (12 Mbit/s) devices have to share the same 12 Mbit/s Full Speed bandwidth, even if the other side of the USB bus supports higher transfer rates. With a Multi-TT hub each Full Speed device will gets its own dedicated 12 Mbit/s bandwidth.

Please note that Analog Heat is a USB Hi-Speed device and does not require a Multi-TT hub."

You try Buffer safety Margin as well ?

(I just seen your update anyway for the others Settings and Update could fix your problems. Please also allow elektron a bit of time to make things betterā€¦ they make things better with AR, A4 and AK it will be the same with the New Analog Heat nextā€¦)

I read a lot of things and it really seems like updated OS and Updated DAW make things better. I do not want to push you to update and take responsibility of new problems then by the way soā€¦

Elektron sent me an email saying that the main reason some of us are having this issue is the chipset and OS we are running. They say updating to the latest Mac OS will solve the issue, but this is a no go for me. There are still unsupported programs and plugs that keep me from updating to the new Mac OS for now.

1 Like

I just want to report that my issue was resolved by reloading the firmware. Why it would make a difference is beyond me but everything work perfect again now.

1 Like

Re: pattern changes, I was beating my head against the wall trying to figure out how to execute them via Live ā€“ so Iā€™m glad I found this thread. It looks like the method of sending midi notes to Rytm ie. C-2, etc to change patterns is no longer working. I routed the same pattern change midi clip to the A4 and it seems to be working there. Put in a support ticket about it as well, fingers crossed they find a fix for this soon.

Anyone else notice they have no regular MIDI sync over USB? All my devices (Win 10, macOS and iOS) see the ports in my DAWs and apps but sync and transport is non-existent. Have checked that ā€œOutput toā€ is set to USB on both my Rytm and A4 and this happens both in OB and USB-MIDI modes.

Edit: To clarify, Iā€™m getting no USB sync from the Rytm/A4

Not sure if this is related to you sync question, but I tried a test-- since the A4 is receiving pattern changes via midi but the Rytm is not, I am sending the pattern change midi clip from Ableton to the A4. I then have the Rytm connected to the A4 via midi cable and both set to send/ receive midi on USB+Midi. A4 is sending pattern changes and the Rytm is receiving. My thought was perhaps that the A4 would pass the pattern change itā€™s receiving from Ableton along to the Rytm, but it doesnā€™t seem like this works. :frowning: I guess the pattern change needs to be coming from the A4 internal sequence ?

This is frustrating ā€“ the workflow I am trying to achieve is to have patterns triggered on both the A4 and Rytm via clips in Ableton. Not sure what I might be doing wrong here, if anythingā€¦

Obvious question but are you using midi thru port on a4?

Yep - I tried both the A4 midi out and midi thru, to the Rytm midi inā€¦ same resultā€¦

At elektron staff : can u cover this stuff with some Unit- / Integration tests to prevent regessions in the future (broken rytm pattern change) ?

Thought I give overbridge another go. Still experiencing massive sync problems.
When I tried some time ago on my os x system I experienced the same and found it to be the audio streams as the analogue out was spot on but the audio had and still has massive delays.
Overbridge 1.0 was the most useable for me so far.
I really would love it to work but right now it is far away from it.
I really wonder why this is as lots of people donā€™t seem to have any problems.
Is there any guide or any solution or do we just have to accept that the system is buggy like hell?
Also my computer struggles to run all channels with a buffersize of 64 or 128. The laptop is really new with good specs (dell xps 15).
Is there any tutorial on how to setup the system? I really cant believe that this just is coincidence that some systems work and some dont.
I am using some cheap mtt hubs. I would buy an overhub if it would guarantee that overbridge would work. Not sure where the problem might be coming from

massive sync problems here as well.
I noticed that the problem is not the midi sync but the audiostreams coming through overbridge as the overbridge sound gets delayed irregulary the analogue outs are spot on.

Seems most of the issues start when DAW is trying to be midi synced with hardware. Can overbridge be used just as a tool to get your sounds more effectively into the Daw without this sync?

Sure. Turn the sync off in the OB control panel.