OB 1.15.0 Issues

Simon at Elektron just let me know that it may be as early as summer time for a Mavericks fix. This company has such good support :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m experiencing this same thing. most recent versions of both OB and my AK OS. re downloaded OB but still not recognizing my AK. For some reason it installed the AH VST in Logic, but one for the AK is nowhere to be found.?!?!?

is pattern change really broken ?

Bump!
Iā€™m also experiencing this issue, latest mac OS, latest Overbridge, latest firmwares in my AR and A4, and I can only get mains in overbridge to work, anything more than mains, it craps out and cuts off all audio to whatever box was found 2nd in order of overbridge recognizing them. First one gets audio priority.

2 Likes

yeah same here @smudge! last mac OS Sierre update seemed to change something with the USB. Overhub is not working anymore as MTT hub. Support confirmed the issue and they will investigate ā€¦ this was a month ago.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying, It seemed a lot of people were having issues, but there was no consistency to the order of things going wrong, its like you had to spend a few hours or trial and error to figure out what exactly is happening, how, when and in what order. Was it overbridge? was it the hub? was it the OS? was it Elektron device specific? People were posting here only having experienced part of the story. I think it was only when you realized you could get one device working, and not the other, and then you could reverse the order of which device worked and why, (first or last to be found by USB bus), and then try enabling disabling channels in overbridge until you stumble upon that you could get the main outs working for more than one device at one in overbridge. Anyways, glad others have taken the bumps too, Elektron is aware, hopefully something will be done soon. I mean Overbridge is a definitely a luxury, I can still make lots of tracks with my DAW and AR and A4. Thank you.

in my case itĀ“s very clear. Overbridge mainpanel says ā€œPlease use a MTT hub. Bandwith is to lowā€ ā€¦ but I do.
Anyway, that causes me to not use Overbridge any more and just pluging AR and A4 directly into soundcard and use Expert Sleepers Usamo for thight sync. But it`s kind of a shame, because I know Overbridge is great technology!

Hi! I have problems when trying to connect my AK to Ableton via OverBridge. After I connect my AK to computer all sounds in my DAW appeared with 1 second latency. And sound from AK become scrappy and dirty. MacOS El Capitan.

I can confirm this is BS, I did what was prescribed and the problems persist.

Releasing a broken product and making people wait months to even USE the product they purchased in the manner they were told it would function is not great support.

It is lying to people about what you are selling them, then lying to them again about fixing it.

Actually, the term for it is consumer fraud and itā€™s a felony in most states,

It would not be possible for Elektron not to know their product did not work, they were %100 aware at all times. Yet, if one is to read the box on any of their products, there s a blurb about the amazing Overbridge and what it can do for you if you buy itā€¦only, it canā€™t and Elektron knows this, just like they know they are going to waste countless hours of their customers time, while obtaining their money under false pretenses.

I think the time has come to look into a Class-Action lawsuit, Some people are alright being decived, I am not.

1 Like

donā€™t know if you found out but itā€™s confirmed in earlier forum posts that latest mac OS broke compatibility with OB. the results were messages stating that thereā€™s no usb bandwidth, no mtt etc. elektron confirmed that latest mac os broke compatibility.
rolling back to pre mac os update allows you to run OB. I for one will take to heart that ā€œif it ainā€™t broke, donā€™t fix itā€ with further OS updates. still hope that Elektron manages to get OB working with latest Os though.

Is this another issue?

MacBook Pro Retina 2015
macOS Sierra 10.12.5
16gb ram

Literally just bought my Analog Heat, had issues updating it but finally got there and now Overbridge is just going crazy on me, keeps connecting and disconnecting rapidly.

Yep - the latest MacOS update has broken Overbridge. It mostly works, but canā€™t run a full set.

I had the same issue pre sierra and I still do - support donā€™t seem to know what to do about it

Itā€™s a dead-end eventually no matter what. Even if Elektron updated things ā€œforeverā€, which they wonā€™t, theyā€™re always behind anyway. Hell, it still never worked how it was supposed to with Logic. For your own sanity, I would recommend just forgetting overbridge ever existed.

1 Like

Iā€™d still like the editor side of it working though.

Hello what is the last update fully working sierra 10.12.4 ? Thatā€™s 10.12.5 introducing problems ? Thanks i will receive a new MacBook Pro and i will have to downgrade at the delivery from the factory os installed

No point in downgrading if it works. Try the installed version first.

1 Like

Btw - I now have my system working, with 10.12.5.

Had to move my VirusTi onto a Sonnet Thunderbolt -> USB3 adaptor.

Rytm and A4 are now working fine on the Overhub (connected via USB3).

2 Likes

10.12.3 works for me, newer version does not

1 Like