OB 1.15.0 Issues

Having issues with using my new AH as a soundcard in ableton. Upon instantiating I get a terrible digital whine from the AH’s outs. Only way to kill the whine is by detaching the USB cable, upon which the AH crashes, requiring a power cycle. Ticket submitted.

I fear the 1.15 update was a rush job, because holiday season is upon us and everyone wants to exit the office until next year. This is a common tactic in the IT circles anyway… Feeling dumb ATM.

EDIT: Seems like osx 10.9.5 is borking USB functionality in general. Apple did something to their USB driver which killed existing functionality of hard drives, arduino devices, external monitors etc. Taking a deep, long breath and updating to macos Sierra ATM, WHICH i wasn’t supposed to do until summer 2017. Let’s see if anything changes.

after some time, my A4 and AR stop playing in Live. The sequencer keeps stepping forward in the machines, but no sound. turning the machines off/on solves the issue.

iMac 2015, Live 9.7.1, OB 1.15, AR, A4, Heat, all latest OS

Finished updating to macos Sierra. The AH started working as an audio interface in Ableton (bit accurate mode). However, osx internal playback is a garbly mess if I select the AH as my sound output device. But at least now I can start messing around heating my DAW tracks (knocks on wood)

If someone is having serious overbridge issues with 1.15, updating to macos Sierra might help, although I cannot be held responsible if other unexpected issues arise from updating. For my situtation the update seems to have improved things, and I checked that most of my go-to software supports Sierra, YMMV.

Windows 10
Ableton 9
Analog 4

Issue: overbridge is stating the device is disconnected fron the system.
A4 is connected to the system. No issue previously, until update.

Have you installed the latest OS and OB ?

Yes, both.

Have you rebooted your computer ?

Yes, and tried 24 hours later.

Have you enabled OB mode on device ?

Yes. When OB mode isn’t selected, it doesn’t appear in C6, so no sysex can be sent.

Have you plugged the USB cable into an incompatible or busy HUB

No. Usb in the same port its always been in.
Changed port, still not being recognized in OB.

PC is recognizing the a4 as being connected.

No issue with sound, as it goes sleight into the audio interface from the outputs.

I’ve found with this new update that running outputs isn’t necessary if you don’t use them. Saving me some well needed bandwidth :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m getting the exact same problem!! :-/

Did you test with another computer? Got exacltly the same issue in my studio (Win 7) can’t remember when and why that happened but when using another computer OB detects my AK normally. I had no time to search for a solution…

I’m unable to try on another computer unfortunately. And my studio pc is the only computer I use with my A4-dont really want to pull the desk out, and have the hassle of rerouting cables etc!

Being unable to use that one is really quite irritating, as before the update everything was running well, and I had a really happy balance between hardware and OB for sound design.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I will see if I can get someone to bring a laptop to the studio, or I will try to take mine at some point, and wrestle with the cables. Ergh!

Well for me on Mavericks, OB 1.10, and also for Ask who is on Sierra, OB 1.15.0, when you disable all outputs and inputs everything seems fine but if you check the Mac console log located in applications/Utilities it is being flooded with thousands or error messages per second, and in his case eating tons of cpu. For me having two inputs from Rytm enabled but not actually using them ends the flood of error messages. Most people won’t check console log, it’s sort of a geeky thing to do and often there are messages that seem like errors but are totally fine. It is useful when you have an error/glitch on your system you can look at the log around the time that the error happened and there might be a message pointing to a process or containing some info to help you track down the error. For me I wasn’t experiencing any glitches/errors apparent in use, but thousands of messages per second seemed a bit much so I enable two inputs but don’t use them…
Again, happening to Ask on Sierra, OB 1.15.0

hi there,
my first issue with OB 1.15 was a black screen in the App and that the VSTs are crashing my host (ableton 9.1).
the black screen was resolved by updating my graphicsdriver and this also helped the A4 plugin. still, the AH VST (64) is crashing ableton immediately.
Do I need to update ableton ?
I am on Win 7 pro

how do you guys work around this?

I opened a ticket with support and they said they are going to fix it. For now you’ll have to either downgrade both Overbridge and Rytm (or whatever you’re using), or use program changes instead of notes. I haven’t tested program changes yet… that could be broken too.

1 Like

alright thanks. i’ll try program change, i guess it’s by using the bank/program window i Live. i hope Elektron get’s this fixed soon :slight_smile: maybe with an added pattern list in Ob even

Yeah, you could also look at some maxforlive patches that do CC to program change or similar. I use one because I find it easier to automate in a single clip.

With Overhub with both AU and/or VST, Live 9.7 send faulty MIDI clock to machines.
If I delete VST/AU, I can sync AR and A4 with Live.
Tried to send MIDI clock straight from Ar to A4 with no success too.
OSX 10.10.5

1 Like

Is it safe to unroll back to previous OS and Overbridge? Where could be downloaded?

i tried the pattern selector made by carl mikael/cabcurio but it doesnt respond as it is now

Does it use notes or program changes?

From what I understand, the feature to change patterns via midi note to channel 16 on the OB plug is broken from 1.15. Seems to be confirmed by Elektron. Was it not someone in this thread?

2 Likes

Yup. Told you. Confirmed by Elektron, as I understand it.

2 Likes