Novation Summit

What dual filter mode are we talking about here??

From the Novation Summit page:

True analogue filters and distortion

The New Oxford Oscillators output to true analogue filters, with origins in the classic OSCar synth, and three stages of analogue distortion give you ample saturation options.

Dual filters

Summit’s dual filter is switchable between six paired combinations of low-pass, high-pass and band-pass modes at 12dB/octave, or any single mode at 24dB/octave, for a broad range of sonic possibilities.

2 Likes

here

2 Likes

Having mulitmode filters configurable between parallel and series is the business.

Does anyone know if they happen to be continuously state variable?

Edit: I just saw @khaled 's video and it looks as if they are state switchable.

1 Like

Oh gotcha, thanks Jukka. I assumed something new was being talked about, since of course the Summit has two filters due to the twin Peak engines. I didn’t think anyone would think that there would be a way to get this dual mode in the Peak, since it has only one of these multimode filters. Can’t add analogue hardware in software! Pretty fantastic that the filters will work this way in the Summit.

1 Like

So according to the video there are two effects units too.

Notice too it will be a while before this is available – September.

It was explained in Novation’s video that the 24db filter is actually two stacked 12db filters. So you can decouple them, change their mode (LP/BP/HP) and track them separately. It’s still described as a single filter per voice in the spec, that’s why people were wondering if it was the same architecture as the Peak and therefore something that could be done in firmware, but apparently not.

Also yeah, @konputa, the filter is switchable, not state variable, even though Novation describe it as state variable.

2 Likes

this is a very good demo

3 Likes

Sound only demo from SonicState.

2 Likes

Legowelt is making some factory patches for the Summit.

http://legowelt.org

Sounding good, as expected. Loving his nicknames for the synth even more.

i really love the peak. were i in the market for a keyb synth this would be a no brainer

2 Likes

512 patch memories… Wish it were a bit more.

1 Like

We are spoilt rotten with 2048 presets (in digitone). That is insane.
Just wish the Digitone keys also had double polyphony and voices. Has anybody seen what DTK looks like with a regular DT next to it? Do they fit nicely?

Heh, A4/AK have 4,096 patch memories each!

Really comes in handy after having them for years and patching them daily.

5 Likes

Luxury!

Patch memory is for suckers! :yum:

3 Likes

If wanting a place to store more than a thousand of your own sounds with complex modulation, on the actual hardware, instead of dealing with sysex dumps makes me a sucker, then I’ll happily be the spokesperson for suckers everywhere.

4 Likes

Novation Components via Google Chrome is very quick and easy to send/receive banks and templates as well as edit parameters too.
It’s used for Peak, Bass Station 2, Circuit, Mono Station and soon Summit.

2 Likes

Yeah, the novation librarian software is really good for patch management on the Peak, so would assume it’s the same for the Summit. Far better than sysex dumps.

1 Like

Nick is messing around with the Summit fresh out of the box. He’s getting ready for a full review soon. Not a ton new here, but it sounds nice anyway. Shipping soon !

4 Likes