Novation Summit

reminds me a lot of DSI if I take a quick glance.

Yeah, I donā€™t think they will be as they arenā€™t on the Peakā€¦ I donā€™t really use them at all on my own patches, but I would if they were pressure sensitive

Has anyone else noticed that this apparently has ā€œdual filtersā€ per voice? So it seems it does differ slightly from the peak. Looking at the panel I see an ā€œotherā€ option on the filter shape selection button.

2 Likes

Look at this video. Filter demonstration starts at 11 min. You can individually separate the internal filters, since it is basically two 12 db filters that makes up the 24 db filter. All combinations available, both in serial and parallell.

4 Likes

Awesome!

I really hope the same feature finds it way to the Peak via firmware update!

3 Likes

Yes it would be amazing if possible. I guess itā€™d need to be selected in a menu.

so basically itā€™s peak with keys isnā€™t it?

No, more features.

1 Like

Nah, they could just make it cycle. When the dual mode is enabled, all LP/BP/HP leds light up.

I could really hear the great potential in the video i linked to. Big pads with lp/hp in parallell!

1 Like

Ah good idea!

and twice the voice count.

1 Like

Was wondering if they could display them through combinations of the three LEDs (and/or blinking) but maybe not. Wouldnā€™t be too onerous in the menu.

If the dual filter modes make their way to the Peak Iā€™ll be over the moon. LP/HP together like an Elektron base/width filter would be so good.

Edit - oh I see how it works - the 24db is already two stacked 12db filters - so the Peak should be able to do this. Super excited.

It sounds so weak compared to the OB6. Cheaper though.

What sounds weak compared to the OB6? The filter? Or the whole synth?

It all depends on how the dual filter control is implemented. If the individual filter parts is not connected to the ā€œFPGAā€ in the same way I think it would be impossible to do on the Peak.

But i really hope so! Even if this synth has given me the biggest GAS in a while. It looks awesome!

Hmmā€¦ supersaw waveshape x 3 oscillators x 16 voice unisonā€¦ fairly sure that wonā€™t sound weak.

The filter character is quite different, no doubt. The Peak probably canā€™t imitate the classiness of some of the sounds you get from the OB-6. The sound is not what I would call weak though. Check the Sonic Lab review or the Mylar Melodies video on it. It gets pretty big.

3 Likes

Yeah. I have no problem making a pad sound thats just too big to fit in a song. OB-6 sounds different. But not nessecarily bigger. Both are awesome, but i prefered the Peak. Much more versatile.

Novation have confirmed in the Youtube comments that the filter architecture is actually different in the Summit, so itā€™s not possible to add the dual filter modes to the Peak.

4 Likes

Bummer. Ah well, still love my Peak!