Novation Summit

5 Likes

Really looking forward to seeing/hearing more about this

3 Likes

two peaks in one, one for each hand. Just have to wait for that price reveal.

2 Likes

Massive!

Thanks for launching the thread amku and finding the link!

2 Likes

yeah that thing looks huge and probably not for me. Im glad more synths with keys are being released recently. Namm was pretty bleak in that department.

1 Like

Couldn’t help myself :slight_smile:

4 Likes

From the article:
Summit is essentially two Peaks in one box, which can be used either as a single synth engine or split to create two patches that can be blended, layered or split across the synth’s 61-note keyboard.

Looking at a regular Peak:
Novation%20Peak
You can see they moved controls around some, unlike the Digitone Keys that plopped a regular Digitone off to one side. So Novation has thought about the ergononmics and feature set for this. I want to dig in some more on this.

Also:
Control-wise, Summit uses the same semi-weighted 61-note keyboard as Novation’s recent SL MkIII controllers

Smart engineering-wise to not reinvent the what and use technology already in-house. I can vouch for the quality of that keyboard.

ADDED: No manual yet – shoot.

7 Likes

Same, having owned the cheaper range launchkey and impulse I think they have great keybeds in their range.

Summit%20Back

Can’t quite make out the connections.

Summit%20Connectors

From the article again it says:
Around the back, Summit has two stereo outputs, a headphone out and a stereo input, which allows external signals to be processed via the onboard effects using one of the synth’s two multitimbral parts. There’s a signal CV modulation input, too.

1 Like
2 Likes

It certainly is easy on the eyes. A quick glance and it reminds me a little of the Korg Poly-6; looks very classy.

2 Likes

What do “animate” buttons do on the left. I know the ultranova has this too but I never used one, is this like a parameter prestate save banks?

Think like scenes on the rytm

from detail on Peak

Animate

Animate is a feature of Peak that will be familiar to users of MiniNova and UltraNova, Novation’s two most recent polysynths. The Animate buttons work in momentary or latched (hold) mode, and can be selected as a source in the modulation matrix with up to 16 simultaneous routings per button push. Depth settings can be set in the menu, giving the user the ability to radically change Peak’s sound at the touch of a button. (Pedals can also be used to trigger Animate features.)

4 Likes

makes sense, would be cool if they were pressure sensitive!

Finally a Supernova 2 for the new breed.

1 Like

With all that unused real estate below the screen, they should have made the LCD much bigger. Sounds great though.

1 Like

If i Had the space …this, a Matriarch plus Digitakt and Digitone Keys would make a brilliant Setup. Throw in some Eurorack modules and youre done.

1 Like

Yep

Looks darn beautiful. Modern but with nods to classic synths.