Novation Peak

Hi! Does someone know any good and free Peak sound patches?
Exept those official patches @ novation components web.

Yep, the ones you make yourselfā€¦ :wink:

Cheers!

3 Likes

Some of the official patches offer good interactions through the mod matrix, very worth dissecting IMO.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not possible to split the voices among several patches right? Letā€™s say if I wanted to play a bass patch with the left hand and a pad with the right. I know this is possible on the Summit.

Peak is not multi-timbral but you could use the trick shown in this loopop video tutorial to achieve what you want:

1 Like

Red Means Recording just posted good workflow on the Peak. Especially liked points on setting filter first to set scope of soundā€¦I never do that! Or that wave shape knob cycles through position on wave tables.

2 Likes

Except? There are hundreds of patches there by many different sound designers and artistsā€¦ and so many good ones thereā€¦ at that point, unless you want to pay, the best avenue is to make your own! Kind of the entire point of a knob per function machine like thisā€¦

1 Like

I find that 99% of the patches I have heard are fairly uninteresting. And I have listened to a lot!

But the 1% that I liked were enough to sell me on the Peak. :smiley:

I finally have the peak here. This thing is such a beast. I love using the arpeggio with delay and turning the filter. Techno heaven instantly.

7 Likes

Check out Alphacodeā€™s patch banks, they are rather good.

3 Likes

Arp can bring you to wonderful places, check it: itā€™s pretty deep :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been looking all over the place for a downloadable manual for Peak without finding one. Anyone know if such a document exists at all?

Itā€™s available on Novationā€™s website:

Not that easy to find I reckonā€¦ Support > Downloads then choose Novation as brand and Peak as productā€¦

4 Likes

The power of the internet :slight_smile::+1:t6:

2 Likes

Question re: Animate buttons

They are meant to be momentary, yes? Unless the hold button is pressed.

Animate 1 werks as it should. Animate 2 stays on, and I can only turn it off pressing Animate 1. Problem or setting?

No info regarding this in manual or retrieved onlineā€¦yet. Poking around without any luck.
Question sent to Novation.

I would think itā€™s a problem. Havenā€™t seen any way to bind both Animate buttons, and I canā€™t see why someone would like such a feature.

God damn. I just sent Hydrasynth back and had them replace with Peakā€¦and I get a dud!?

Could be a sign. No more music for this guy.

Ahaha! I got hard times lately, one shit a day.
Including loosing a bid over a TVS-PRO and a minor but really annoying iConnectMIDI4+ that canā€™t hold its configuration over night.

Itā€™s the period, I guess. Soon overā€¦ Hold on, dear!

There are probably tons more, but this recent one gave me a few new good approaches. (It doesnā€™t say so in the heading, but works great as a tutorial for the deep modulation possibilities of the Peak)

5 Likes

I can confirm that both Animate 1 and 2 works as you expect (i.e. momentary, unless using Hold) on my Peak too. Animate 2 shouldnā€™t turn off when pressing Animate 1 though - both should be able to be on at the same time.

Just a shot: You havenā€™t by any chance or mistake pressed the hold button before pressing Animate 2 ? As far as I remember (havenā€™t got my Peak here at work) you can ā€œarmā€ it, and then it will hold the Animate button you press after. Also, it quit easy accidentally hitting hold when aiming for Animate 2.

Also: Donā€™t give up! :slight_smile: The Peak is a lovely organic and warm synth with deep modulation posibilities, and think you will find plenty of the warmt you found missing from the Hydra here.

2 Likes