Novation Peak

oh, these sounds are brilliant!

1 Like

Thanks for your comment!

the pad is very nice!

1 Like

Little question guys, are you experiencing a single audio click when sending pchange to the peak ?

Not all patches but some are definitly clicking on my unit at patch change thru mid pchg.

The Peak is -just- a synth, no sequencer, no audio over USB, with a large amount of analog architecture. If you compare it to a current Elektron box like the DTā€¦ lots and lots of operations going on at any moment, hugely complex. Iā€™d guess that the potential for bugs and difficulty of tracking and isolating is very high comparatively. Then you think about how difficult it has proved to have OB working like they wantā€¦ and since you know Elektron employs very skilled hardware and software engineersā€¦ I think that this indicates that itā€™s not apples to apples by any means.

Hereā€™s a demo of the Novation Peak Permafrost Patch Bank for genres like Ambient, Electronica and Techno. This time, Iā€™ve also included some leads, basses and arps, alongside some pads.

6 Likes

@colectivo_triangular Interesting sounds!
I like your use of the activation buttons, Iā€™ll keep it in mind :wink:

1 Like

Thanks!

so I finally have the money together for the peak. wooohhoooooooo!!!

now, the question is, where to buy? I am looking for the best offer, shipment to germany. anybody know a good offer?

I have found one for 1075 euro from www.musique-shop.fr which already seems good, as normal pricing is 1275 euro. I would have to check if the shop is legit though. I remember a shop in sweden being pretty cheap, cant find it though.

so, if you know an offer, let me know!

2 Likes

In France, itā€™s everywhere around 1100ā‚¬.
You can find it second hand for 800ā‚¬ though.

do you know the shop I mentioned? or maybe a better well known alternative in that price range?

where would I find them 800? in germany (kleinanzeigen), the lowest they go is 950. buying used makes no sense with those prices. 800 is more along the line

I donā€™t know them. From what I can see, they seem genuine, established in Strasbourg 30 years ago, and on AudioFanzine they have rather good reputation.
The only thing I would care about is if the Peak is brand new or B-Stock (as in: sold already, then sent back to the shop).
Oh, Iā€™ve seen that the 5% off was only last weekend, so itā€™s back to normal price now it seems. Plus itā€™s not available anymore (at least itā€™s no B-Stock).
1075ā‚¬ was a good price, though. Might be good to send them an emailā€¦

1 Like

B-stock can also mean display model.
OR production blemish.

1 Like

thanks.
I still get 5% discount upon checkout. so the deal still is there. they dont have them in stock at the moment though. might write an email to ask when they come back in.

1 Like

1075 ā‚¬ is about what I paid for mine from Bax, but they donā€™t have them in stock either at the moment. Prices seem pretty firm on them, guessing demand is still strong.

1 Like

Audio Solutions in France have one for 1100 euros if that helps. https://www.audiosolutions.fr/product_info.php?products_id=13153

1 Like

I wrote Thomann and asked about the price. they recommend it in their FAQā€™s. lets see if they make an offer. if not, I will be importing ze frenshh produit! oui!

merci people!

4 Likes

Nice

Thomann wonā€™t go down with the price. Ordered it over Ebay in Italy as the one French site I wanted to order from was in French only.

Time to post in the ā€œrecent purchases threadā€ :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Congrats! Im shure you gonna have som fun with that !

1 Like