Novation Peak

i love my peak. having it for around two years now i guess. small session triggering some trancy arps from my ipad. hope u enjoy :slight_smile:
7 Likes

I found out shape knob cycles through the wavetable position. That was useful , esp with an lfo :slight_smile:

this is a pretty cool video. thanks

1 Like

No I made sure I not touching hold. Hold lights up anyways if in use. :confused:

Gonna try a factory reset (if it can do that.)
I haven’t fully done the manual yet.

Oh ya…it already sounds much better right out the box. I’m just hoping this isn’t a second, has issues, and if so, aren’t any more issues.

Not sure why I can’t just get something and it werks. I’m the dud finder :frowning:

…is there no factory reset? :confused:

There is an Auto Calibration procedure. I have no idea whether that will help you or not.

here it is…

1 Like

There is definitely a problem. You got to send it back, unfortunately.
Hope your malediction stops from here :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

well…I don’t think that’s an option anymore. currently I lost $800 on customs/duty and shipping on the Hydrasynth. [hoping to recoup $195 if the Canadian gov will let me reclaim my original duty]
I can’t pay to ship it back AGAIN. this has been going on since Dec :confused:

perfect circuit no hassle returns ha ha ha right

Usually the vendor pays for the shipping isn’t it?

1 Like

initially, but on return…you have to pay that back, plus shipping back to them, PLUS them shipping back to you, you’d think you’d get at least ONE of the shippings free. its still a purchase. and now im looking at shipping again…fuuuuuu

Did you contact Novation?

actually I am in the process of…and they are WAY more helpful.
they are telling me this will get taken care of. so far…Novation support seems pretty on it! :crossed_fingers:t6:

5 Likes

looks like im boned. they’d help out…but since it came from the US and im in Canada…no dice. id have to pay again.

anyone experience issues using USB for MIDI? works fine when I use a MIDI cable, but, for example…when I plug in the USB and use the arp, the arp will only play once, then repeat the last note. if I turn on latch it will MIDI feedback and just kick out noise.

im plugged into a powered hub…dont know if thats an issue? bottom line, right now MIDI does not werk with USB on mine.

a little later: found that turning ARP>MIDI off fixed it. so does that bypass the DIN and go to USB?

1 Like

I was going to say when you had animate button 2 issues, at least it’s not something important.

MIDI over USB is pretty important – and works flawlessly on my own Peak. I haven’t done any tests regarding powered vs unpowered switches. It’s just worked. You should contact Novation and talk to them about it.

Hopefully it won’t cost you too much in shipping to get it swapped out or fixed.

Peaks are awesome, so it’s worth a bit of hassle to get a correct one.

2 Likes

I really cant at this point. I have no way to get it replaced.
they are aware of it tho…so it’s noted.

but like I was saying it werks when I turn ARP>MIDI off.

I was gonna wipe out what I had above to replace with…
im trying to get some CC werking. but am stuck on it. just trying to change Delay rate, CC109, but its not werking yet. Im prob doing something wrong, but I dont find this manual to be one of the best.

are you using the USB for MIDI or DIN. and what settings to get it to werk.
thanks in advance,

and yes…this thing sounds awesome. just trying to get oriented.

later again: CCs are fine. CC109 doesnt seem to werk tho.
so…with sync off it werks, when sync is on you gotta do NRPN.
so…ya dumbass here again.

Hope you’ll sort it out. From my experience they have the best support in the world.

2 Likes

Thanks man. They couldn’t help. But they were very helpful. It’ll get sorted one day. I just can’t do anything right now. This whole scenario over extended me.

Really sounds great tho. It’s kinda making it a little easier to deal. The sound is so good, it helps me forget about any issues.

6 Likes

From what I can tell, everything you have described, other than the CC109/sync thing, is working here. ARP midi ON over USB (using usb hub) and animate buttons working as expected.

The animate buttons can be configured to trigger via pedal. Have you tried changing that is settings to see if it makes any difference?