Novation Peak

600 € for an Peak could be a fake. Can’t get why selling this synth so cheap. Be careful. But perhaps its a very good deal.
but if i had to sell a peak i would sell it not under 800 €

1 Like

Is it the one on eBay kleinanzeigen in 55234 Offenheim?
If yes, it´s the sellers first item at all to sell and the last sentence in his ad is very strange.
If you have someone who lives nearby to check out, get it. If not, I would be very careful.

1 Like

Yes it’s this one. I’m sceptical as well. Sounds not very trustworthy.

I would at least send him a message and ask a few things. 600 is actually to cheap to be true, but who knows… I would only do pick up though. Good luck :wink:

Thanks for the heads up. I have not tried it yet, but looks pretty good based on what I’m reading the user-guide.

I had been hoping Novation would offer something like this eventually.

Asked him. No response… At all. Fuck it. Not that I need a Peak but that price would have been a steal.

The MIDISynth-Peak VST/AU/Standalone Editor & librarian is on my list, maybe I´ll try the demo again. It offers some great additional stuff and the visual aspect (also of some “hidden” features) is really great. Sigabort seems to be a trusted seller with a good reputation. And you also have Total Recall if you use a DAW, thats nice as well… and easier automation :sunglasses:

1 Like

Wow, look what I found! This PEAK has already been sold on eBay (not kleinanzeigen) on the 23rd of June in Düsseldorf for 883 Euro, same pictures!
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Novation-Peak-8-Voice-Desktop-Synthesizer-Version-1-2/113782843900?hash=item1a7dfc69fc:g:LNEAAOSwG65c9AHJ

4 Likes

Good catch, always good to do a reverse image search when a deal seems shady

1 Like

Hi all,

I just finished a patch bank for Peak (and Summit, obviously). Focussing on Genres such as Ambient, IDM, Techno and Electronica the first demo video shows some Pads from this Bank:

12 Likes

really nice pads!

1 Like

I have to agree, they are indeed very nice! They show the Peaks characteristic Sound Well!

2 Likes

Hey guys, I made a Sound Pack for Peak. You can download it for free via the Novation components platform: https://components.novationmusic.com/peak/librarian/factory-packs/136

Hope you enjoy it and find the sounds useful.

:v:

10 Likes

Almost forgot: I also made some demos for the patches. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Veeeery nice! Dankeschön! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

When I first was in the market for a ‘big’ synth, the Peak stood out as one that youtubers would create patches for – whereas with other synths (ahem, Prophet) patches were demoed. I’m still happy with my choice, and it seems others have caught on.

What synth did Elektron choose to sequence with the new sequencer midi out? Peak.

Also, I love the new components feature that lets me see patches made by @boboter right in the synth almost efortlessly. (Nice patches, btw)

Sorry, just feeling smug…

2 Likes

selling one here in Australia if anyone interested:

I played around with a peak and a minilogue xd yesterday. What I can say for me is, that the peak blew the minilogue away. The minilogue didn’t have the slightest chance.

I programmed some stabby sounds in no time (would be my main use). Really modern sound that cuts really good. The filter sounds amazing.

8 Likes

No particular reason for posting this now, but here are nine patches of mine. Crudely demoed and recorded straight into my phone using a Roland Go:Mixer. Bit of everything, pads, keys, bass, arps. Feedback welcome.

8 Likes

Yeah, the Peak always seems to sound high quality. I love mine and doubt I’ll ever sell it. Some of the recent patch releases have been lovely too.

The website interface for patch management isn’t perfect, but is utterly brilliant compared to any Elektron solution. That in addition to the firmware and software updates - always perfectly stable etc. on Peak, compared to bug-laden and massively behind schedule on Elektron stuff - makes me wonder what the difference in size is between the companies… I presume Novation is bigger and with more resources? And if so, how much?

1 Like