Novation Peak

I think I had never touched a synth so deep before. Well, Blofeld maybe. But this one is clearly more direct, and sounds sooooo good, way better!
Extremely impressed!

9 Likes

Listening to that, so beutifull.

1 Like

Heureux homme.
I wait to refund my walet and find good second hand price, it will be my next synth :drooling_face:

1 Like

I got mine second hand on Audiofanzine. It’s like new :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey you ! Was it the Tinhu ones ?
You have it this week from Bordeaux ?
If right, one more time you get me on the line.
Haha, next time I will be the winner ! :slight_smile:

Exactly !

With his Waldorf Quantum, Baloran the River, Prophet XL, Moog Model D… the Peak was a bit too much for him :smile:

Pure luck I found his offer, but I’m sure you’ll get a good deal too when the time is right :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ha ha, you win at 5 minutes before me to contact Tinhu. A beautifull match. Maybe he will sold me his quantum one day :wink:

2 Likes

Thing is, I have now totally converted my money into synths… This was the last one I would ever buy. Ever. Promise.

8 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

I woke up today , put my headphones on with your music playing, making coffee in the morning, i forgot what was that i was wored about …
Edit
Plus, i need peak now thanks to you :thinking:

1 Like

I hope you get one! I really love mine. Hopefully a used one will pop up at a good price near you.

3 Likes

I just impulsively ordered a Peak :mage:

6 Likes

(ps. I guess the hint is already in your username)

3 Likes

Anybody else had a rather high noise level on their Peak? I send mine back, ordered a new one, becausse its such a wonderful device, but the noise was bothering me.

BTW:, we are talking about 60db usable dynamic range, measured with a -12db signal and a noise floor at -72db. Some would not consider this a problem…

Are you using the main outs or the headphone output, and do you have the output volume knob set to maximum by any chance?

Hi,

with the Init patch leveled such that I get -12db, the main volume is at around 12 o’clock. Using the headphone out does not change anything wr. to noise.

It would be nice if someone here could replicate this: set volume so a note on the init patch goes to -12db in your daw. Now reset the peak measurement and tell us how high the noise floor is. Mine was at -70 to -72 db.

Thanks,

K

Have you calibrated the synth after updating to 1.2?

Did you read this? And did you upgrade to OS 1.2?

1 Like

Upgraded, and recalibrated. Will tell tomorrow how the replacement Peak is doing.

K

2 Likes