Novation Peak

Well it’s not so much about sound design potential, it’s all about taste in music

2 Likes

Although I am not a fan of all his stuff, I would like to hear some patches by someone like Richard Devine, particularly exploring the new features available now in 1.2.
What I like about RD is you are at least guaranteed to hear just what is actually possible sound design wise, with what ever gear he gets his hands on.
You won’t hear an 80’s pad from RD

7 Likes

Gotta be honest. I love making big vintage like pads. When you get everything rigth, it just sounds so nice! Even on a hybrid synth like Peak. hehe.

But i do love the digital side as well. Set up OSC 1 as a wavetable osc. Use a sine on osc 3 and use it to FM osc 1. Then modulate the wavetable on osc 1. Some wavetables works better than others. The more basic ones will produce more harmonic sounds, but its cool to just go wild too.

7 Likes

This update makes me really believe there will be a Peak in my life in 2019 :slight_smile:

Whatever marketing people think about weird wild not being sure shot wrt selling a powerful synth, I am happy to see how Novation is capable of listening to and actually implement customer suggestions, all the more on workflow aspects.

4 Likes

All my requests for improvements have been fullfilled! Awesome Service!

So I had some subtly strange sounds coming from my Peak. It was like there was a permanent reverb – even on the init patch.

I found out you need to run a callibration after installing the new firmware. Now things sound like they should. Just thought I would mention this in case anyone else has a hard time with instructions like me.

9 Likes

Cheers for that. I had noticed some volume jumps.

Hi everyone,

I was one of the two sound designers to help launch the v1.2 firmware. I wanted to record all of my patches to give people an example of what the new firmware can do, and how these patches could fit into your productions. I showcased the new wavetables and ways to push the Peak’s sound design beyond basic synthesis. I used the Octatrack for all of my sequencing as well - I like to use multiple sequences on one synth to create overlapping melodies and patterns :slightly_smiling_face:

34 Likes

Hei, I am really enjoying your patches :volcano:

1 Like

Thank you so much or listening to them! What’s your new feature in the update? I love all of the new wavetables and the changes to the mod matrix are really awesome. I haven’t tried the microtuning feature yet, but plan to get into that over the holiday break.

1 Like

Patricia, you created some great Patches, i am enjoying them very much. Thank you!
The new Wavetables are the bomb, plus the now loop envelopes and the new Mod LFOs for the FX.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I still have so much to explore with this update. This synth goes deep:) The good folks at Novation did an amazing job with this. I am so excited to explore this synth even further.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I am glad you liked them <3

1 Like

Thanks for the patches and for this recording. It makes it so much easier to appreciate patches when they are played like this (as opposed to me simply clicking through them one by one and playing a few notes on a keyboard without taking the time to discover how they might work).

2 Likes

Instructions? Didint see any. Maybe thats why my first two update attempts failed. I got lucky on the third. Callibrating now. Thanks for the heads up.

Fun Challenge!
Lets Post Songs Here that we came Up with, that use Patricias presets.

1 Like

Yes, please! I would love to hear that!

Part of the reason I made this recording is for that exact reason. I thought if I showed them in the that way that the sounds inspired me that it would help contextualize them better. I also programmed the mod wheel for each one, but didn’t demonstrate that in this recording because I was using the Octatrack sequencer to trigger them or triggered them in it’s chromatic mode. If you are using a midi controller keyboard with a mod wheel you should play with that to unlock the surprise sound for each one. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Whaat, made the update and no sound at all. Where was it mentioned that you have to calibrate it after the update?? Got some errors on calibration too, anyone else?

This is the link I found with the advice. There are also some steps to take if the update and callibration fails.

1 Like