Noob questions

Usually i have 2 sends (delay / reverb) in all my tracks, so i would have to sacrifice 2 channels to achieve the same result i used in Ableton… I really miss both effects as send/return instead of putting it after the sound generator. Will give this method a try, thank you !

Let’s suppose you will perform a two-hour set only with autoral material in the Octa (this is one of my goals, by the way).

I see there is a limited quantity of arrangements per project, so as far as i understood, you can left ‘prepared’ a limited count of songs, which likely is not enough for 2 hours.

And as far as i know so far, you can’t change projects without stopping the sound.

What you guys would do in this scenario ? Use a echo pedal while the Octa change projects ? :stuck_out_tongue:

You can set several songs in one Arrangement.
External little sampler for transition…

2 Likes

You just don‘t change Projects.

My workflow for such situation would be to try to put everything I want to play on a gig into one project and distribute it on the banks (I guess with OctaEdit?). Loading projects takes tooooo long.

2 Likes

It is possible to combine projects but it is very boring.
Octaedit is the best for project management, for sure.

1 Like

really? Can you give a hint how to to that ITB? Since OctaEdit is on freeze right now for new customers…

1 Like

Setting up the OT to perform live with

2 Likes

Thanks for the answers, i’m looking the suggested topic.

Another question : Let’s say i have a 32 steps pattern. I programmed the first 16 steps and want to copy that to the second part of the 32 steps pattern ; is there a way to do it ? I know how to copy patterns, but not a PART of the pattern…

It’s really a case of I can’t provide 100% support to new users right now due to v2 Beta testing and personal reasons; and I want everyone to be happy.

2 Likes

If you press Scale button + Rec button in Grid Recording mode you can copy trigs you can see.
Read the manual (again?)

2 Likes

So duplicate the first half of the Pattern to the second half of the Pattern?

That’s where my question is : i have a 32-step pattern only with 16-step programmed. If i copy the pattern and paste, it will paste a 32-step patter half-programmed. What i want is to duplicate the first half into the second half. Is there a way to do it without having to copy the first half’s trigger one by one ?

In [Grid Recording Mode ]

Copy Track Pages by holding [ Page ] and pressing [ Rec/Copy ]

Paste Track Pages by holding [ Page ] and pressing [ Stop/Paste]

6 Likes

Thank you ! :smiley:

1 Like

if I promise you to not produce any additional support work …would it change your mind? :thinking:

Quite possibly… let me sleep on it?

Because if I let you, I should let other people, and thus write up something nice to that affect.

2 Likes

I might put it back up now that OSX and Windows are both running beta builds…

1 Like

So here we are for another noob sessions !

I have my Rytm plugged on the Octa , Octa is master, Rytm is slave. When i start playing Octa, Rytm starts. When i change the pattern on Octa, Rytm changes to the same pattern.

Everything was working fine until yesterday when i messed up some configuration and now the pattern changing is not happening : /

Here is the setup :

Octa
Transp : Send
Clock : Send
Prog Ch : Send

Rytm
Clock receive : checked
Transport receive : checked
Proc Ch receive : checked

I don’t remember exactly where i change something before the problem starts, but was something i changed in Rytm, not Octa i believe…

Is there someplace i could try to search to find out what is causing this issue ?

Thanks in advance !

Hmm … Make sure you have midi input and outputs set to MIDI+USB?

Thanks for the idea, but i think if this was the problem, the start sync would not be working and it’s working… only the program changes are not.