No output coming from Octatrack

Same here, tested with MKI. Tickets time.

1 Like

Strangely, audio come back if you move the crossfader with midi loopback. The crossfader sends CC48, received by OT. :thinking:

2 Likes

Wow Cannot thank you enough for this :aw:
I was in panic! Love this forum :heart: :heart:

:dizzy:

1 Like

Omg, just had this issue for the first time = panic. Unplugging and plugging in the cables again worked - phew!

Well I seem to have stumbled onto this issue as well. OT mk2, about a month old unit. I can hear the metronome but cannot hear audio files from headphones/main outs (only from CUE). Switching the AUDIO CC OUT doesnā€™t seem to work.

Iā€™m stumped.

Have you tried a new project with just a single track in use (a flex or static machine)? Rebooting inbetween tests doesnā€™t hurt either ā€¦

There is a CUE MUTES TRACK setting, found in the PERSONALIZE menu, which mutes tracks from main out when they are sent to the cue outs.

In the MIXER page you can change how much from the CUE outs and MAIN outs you can hear over headphones.

But as suggested first: simplify your testing setup (new project) and take it from there.

2 Likes

Press the cued Track button and ā€œCueā€ to un-cue.
Or deactivate in settings ā€œCue mutes Trackā€.

Ok, so a new project with a single track seemed to work fine. Setting track 8 back to normal on the other project also worked. So at least the issue is with me being a novice, phew.

2 Likes

Had the same issue, the octa glitched out hard, there were only clicks and weird noises audible. then nothing. it sounds pretty dumb, but in my case my master track was glitching out. deactivated the master track and the problem went away.

Iā€™m having this problem where the mains are cutting out when I restart! Iā€™ve made a video to show whatā€™s going on (hopefully attaching it works) edit: video link https://youtu.be/fC-t2Y0VOO8 ā€¦ Doing the restart holding function and hitting two works after I reload the project. But itā€™s happening every time I restart. Midi out cc set to int+ext. any help or ideas appreciated.

Looking into this a bit more I may have a corrupted file. My first bank is red. Need to figure out how to fix this (other than saving as new, that didnā€™t seem to help.)

In my case it was remedied by changing my track 8 from Normal to Master (Project settings->Control->Audio), which fixed the problem, then cycling back to Normal and all was still OK. Re-saved my project.

All in all, it looks like some spurious event is corrupting the config data.

Hi folks. First post.

I thought I would add my experience incase it helps another user.
I have just entered into the world of Octatrack by purchasing a MK1 from eBay. I had a weeks worth of use with no issues, then one morning the following symptoms started with no warning:

• No audio out at all. No headphone, no main, no cue, no metronome.
  • No LED indication of incoming audio on A,B,C or D. However LEDs did light during startup. Also no audio indication of incoming except really faint crackling from time to time.

What I did: I found this thread and tried all of the above options with no effect until I took the machine apart, disconnected and reconnected all of the flying leads. After I did this for the second time operation returned to normal. The thing I did differently on the second time was the include disconnection and reconnection of the large connector that goes between the two boards on the case (it has 6 black wires rather than a ribbon).

Seems to be all sorted. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for all the pointers in the thread.

4 Likes

Got this yesterday on a two-week-old Octatrack. Should I return it for a replacement, or is it a software bug?

I fixed it by unplugging all cables, restarting the Octatrack, and re-plugging cables.

It happened again. I created a blank project and that was fine.

Depends on warranty time left imho.
Are you 100% sure itā€™s not a user error ?

Iā€™m never 100% sure of that :), but it was working fine, then stopped outputting audio after I switched off, and came back later.

Also, the same project is working just fine now.

Itā€™s from Thomann, so I have 3 years warranty, and a few weeks left to return it.

At least check in the mixer page if there are no tracks soloā€™ed or muted.

I checked that. I also checked the cues, and (a classic) the send on stutter delay tracks.

It wasnā€™t anything like that. The fix was to unplug all cables, restart, replug.

Maybe my OT will hate me, but appart from USB Iā€™m pretty sure it doesnā€™t know if there something plugged in it, without incoming data / signal.

Audio cables shouldnā€™t change its behavior, midi cables possibly with midi data. Known bugs with USB connection (apparently with Mac).