I have had this problem in several incarnations after routing some MIDI in stuff at one point which seemed to screw everything up. I have read through all of the threads here on the audio issue and tried everything, but usually the audio just comes back randomly after a while or pressing a number of random buttons. I’ve even had it come back after tapping the faceplate of the OT however it does not seem to be a hardware issue.
• Suddenly no track audio from main outs
• As with all of the other times this has happened, when the device was last turned off it was working flawlessly- no change to audio or file setup.
• Metronome on main outs works (the only sound I can get to come out, but it’s definitely not a hardware issue)
• Cue out channels work fine (in the past sometimes they are dead as well)
• Tried on blank project, same (so it’s definitely not mixer settings / yadda)
• Tried power cycling
Sometimes a tap on top of the audio out section has gotten it going, sometimes it’s a weird button press. In the past not even the cue section works, but this time the cue works okay. It’s always something random that ‘fixes’ it, never a firmware flash or special system wipe function.
The fact that I have not done any MIDI in stuff since the last time I had this problem and ‘fixed’ it with random button presses tells me that this is just going to keep happening again and again which gives me relatively low confidence that my Octatrack is safe to gig with. It’s bad enough sitting down hoping to create music and instead troubleshooting the same problem over and over, but if this were to pop up just before a performance I would have to cancel.
Any ideas what I should do? Anyone have the end all be all solution for this?
Has the MIDI in from long ago perma-randomly effed my OT?