No output coming from Octatrack

It was an older run of the mk2- pre 2018. Replacement is a 2018 serial number. No idea if this makes a difference or not

2 Likes

My two cents, I started having the no output problem an hour ago while messing with CCs.
The issue is easy to reproduce in my case :
MIDI/CONTROL/AUDIO CC OUT to EXT = No main output on next power cycle
MIDI/CONTROL/AUDIO CC OUT to INT+EXT = main output is back on next power cycle

2 Likes

I’m having this issue also. Happened twice today, metronome sounds play normally, but no audio comes out from the Octa. Had to power it off and on to fix.

The metronome has a different circuit.

@disco, did you try this?

I just tried it. Setting AUDIO CC OUT to EXT means the knobs don’t do anything in audio tracks, like @disco was describing in another thread.

Also, I get no audio from my main outs, if I set AUDIO CC OUT to EXT, and THEN power cycle, just like @julien1 described.

Setting it to INT (I always keep mine on INT) gives me audio out on the next power cycle.

Nice find. I wonder if this is an initialisation problem (internal snapshot not getting to track machines) rather than an audio problem as such. Doesn’t explain why it randomly cut out for @jennygirl tho.

Edit: I’ve got an OTmk2, one of the very first ones, but it’s had a replacement board because the encoders were jumpy so it’s a bit of a mishmash of hardware versions in there probably :smiley: Running 1.30C.

2 Likes

Same here, tested with MKI. Tickets time.

1 Like

Strangely, audio come back if you move the crossfader with midi loopback. The crossfader sends CC48, received by OT. :thinking:

2 Likes

Wow Cannot thank you enough for this :aw:
I was in panic! Love this forum :heart: :heart:

:dizzy:

1 Like

Omg, just had this issue for the first time = panic. Unplugging and plugging in the cables again worked - phew!

Well I seem to have stumbled onto this issue as well. OT mk2, about a month old unit. I can hear the metronome but cannot hear audio files from headphones/main outs (only from CUE). Switching the AUDIO CC OUT doesn’t seem to work.

I’m stumped.

Have you tried a new project with just a single track in use (a flex or static machine)? Rebooting inbetween tests doesn’t hurt either …

There is a CUE MUTES TRACK setting, found in the PERSONALIZE menu, which mutes tracks from main out when they are sent to the cue outs.

In the MIXER page you can change how much from the CUE outs and MAIN outs you can hear over headphones.

But as suggested first: simplify your testing setup (new project) and take it from there.

2 Likes

Press the cued Track button and “Cue” to un-cue.
Or deactivate in settings “Cue mutes Track”.

Ok, so a new project with a single track seemed to work fine. Setting track 8 back to normal on the other project also worked. So at least the issue is with me being a novice, phew.

2 Likes

Had the same issue, the octa glitched out hard, there were only clicks and weird noises audible. then nothing. it sounds pretty dumb, but in my case my master track was glitching out. deactivated the master track and the problem went away.

I’m having this problem where the mains are cutting out when I restart! I’ve made a video to show what’s going on (hopefully attaching it works) edit: video link https://youtu.be/fC-t2Y0VOO8 … Doing the restart holding function and hitting two works after I reload the project. But it’s happening every time I restart. Midi out cc set to int+ext. any help or ideas appreciated.

Looking into this a bit more I may have a corrupted file. My first bank is red. Need to figure out how to fix this (other than saving as new, that didn’t seem to help.)

In my case it was remedied by changing my track 8 from Normal to Master (Project settings->Control->Audio), which fixed the problem, then cycling back to Normal and all was still OK. Re-saved my project.

All in all, it looks like some spurious event is corrupting the config data.

Hi folks. First post.

I thought I would add my experience incase it helps another user.
I have just entered into the world of Octatrack by purchasing a MK1 from eBay. I had a weeks worth of use with no issues, then one morning the following symptoms started with no warning:

• No audio out at all. No headphone, no main, no cue, no metronome.
  • No LED indication of incoming audio on A,B,C or D. However LEDs did light during startup. Also no audio indication of incoming except really faint crackling from time to time.

What I did: I found this thread and tried all of the above options with no effect until I took the machine apart, disconnected and reconnected all of the flying leads. After I did this for the second time operation returned to normal. The thing I did differently on the second time was the include disconnection and reconnection of the large connector that goes between the two boards on the case (it has 6 black wires rather than a ribbon).

Seems to be all sorted. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for all the pointers in the thread.

4 Likes