No accessories available at Elektron site

Anyone else notice that none of the accessories are available for purchase at Elektron’s site?

I was looking to buy a lid for a Heat MkI.

According to Elektron ‘s website:

“Elektron is upgrading the webshop and stock management system between the 27th of December 2018 to mid February 2019. No physical goods can be bought from our webshop during this period.”

3 Likes

Thank you, I missed that.

but what if I want to buy physical goods

Then you‘re out of luck. Mid Dec to mid Feb is quite a maintenance window though.

Mid March and still no sign of the new webshop. Seems strange to shut down the old one before the new store is in place. I was going to purchase a overhub but Elektron does not want my money. :slight_smile:. Strange way of running a business.

mk3 of what ?

That’s a PL-2S
Any local Long & McQuade, Tom Lee, or Moog Audio in Toronto/Montreal can order it.

1 Like

It makes one think their direct sales don t matter too much to their overall turnover…

All sorted thanks.

Ok sorry I was a true believer when I got the AR, then A4 and OT II but I just don’t understand what is happening with Elektron. I’ve been trying to order a couple cases (ECC-4) since December so I can travel with my gear. Then their website was down for ‘a few weeks’ for online ordering, which stretched into a few months, now we are mid March and no end in sight. Not to mention the ongoing yearslong vaporware issues with Overbridge (personally not a concern as I like to use my Elektron gear OTB) but seriously I have to wonder, is this company going the way of Waldorf? If so, that would be really sad. I really do love their gear and have invested a lot in it. It sucks. Before anyone jumps down my throat I’ll say again, I love this company and their gear. But there seems to be something very wrong when basically everything goes massively over schedule and they can’t even fill orders for accessory gear. What is going on?

If anyone has suggestions for travel bags (I’ve read the Pelican threads) please let me know. I’m looking for low profile. (based in Canada)

Wishing the best for Elektron but I fear this party is going to end sooner rather than later… sure hope I am wrong about it.

Google [search] travel case.

Digitakt sold more in a year than OT did in seven, they seem to have a revamped manufacturing situation with all th mk2’s, they’re opening a new office in Berlin, when I checked my support tickets it seems they’re making some kind of knowledge base, Model:Samples will probably sell like hot cakes…

If anything it seems to me like a tweener period of reorganizing and revamping things only to ramp up again…

1 Like

yeah, i can google a 3rd party travel case. does anyone more knowledgeable know what is going on for us interested in purpose made travel gear and more importantly does anyone have an insight to the underlying question at hand? why is elektron’s ordering website completely fucked for 3 months? open_mike thanks for the input. obv a time of transition for elektron but they are doing it with a lot of ‘old guard’ users caught in the mix. im sure i’m not the only person who feels this way.

I just want them to make mind blowing boxes again instead of models… :wink:
I doubt the business is going anywhere…

(Edit: to be fair to :3lektron:, I don’t care if you make some bread and butter boxes, but I hope you still keep making the next lev big boxes too, and please don’t take away kits… :smile:)

2 Likes

with you 100%. i have barely scratched the surface of OTII. and that’s only after about 2 years with AR and A4. i want elektron to succeed and keep making awesome stuff. just trying to understand how everything has seemed to collapse in the last year. to the point that ‘basic’ stuff can’t be supported. model:samples great. does that mean that even mk2 cant get support? something is wrong.

I have 2 of them. Extremely solid, you can put 2 Elektron machines (each with their PL-2 cover) in one backpack. And quite a lot of cables.
I’ve been using them almost once a week for 3 years I guess. They are still solid and none of my gear has been damaged.
Works for Analog mk2 series as well, both with another Analog mk2 or a mk1.
You can also fit up to 4 digi-sized machines.

2 Likes

Also, there are plenty of other music manufacturers out there, don’t feel tied to Elektron.

1 Like

Why not order through a distributor?

2 Likes