No accessories available at Elektron site

We’ve switched to a new sales system, and the web shop integration is taking a bit longer than expected - not much more to it than that. Sorry for the wait. You may find our accessories at retailers for the time being - the actual production etc is ongoing as usual.

6 Likes

I work as a developer on an e-commerce platform (not one that Elektron uses), and switching between systems or providers always takes longer than expected. Sometimes it’s not possible or feasible to keep the old provider going while you ramp up the new one, for licencing, resource or integration reasons.

As for Overbridge, again it doesn’t surprise me at all that a software project that involves multiple hardware devices (each with different functionality and designed at different times for different purposes) communicating with different OSs (Widows and MacOS do things very differently), with the added requirement for the super tight latency and timing, runs over. I can only begin to imagine the amount of hurdles a project like that would face. Even the massive players like Apple, Google and Microsoft face delays when it comes to bringing complex products to market. I know it’s frustrating being a consumer (or client) waiting for a product like that to come out - but it’s par for the course, and can be equally frustrating to be a developer on it too.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification Ess. Appreciated :slight_smile:

Where do you get that idea? Support works just as expected. I know because i have just sent in a device for repair.

1 Like

@Ess thank you for the info.

everyone else, thanks for the tips and i apologize for the tone of my post.
this is a great community and always super helpful. gotta remember not to post when having a bad day…

2 Likes