Ninja Tune Zen Delay (collab with ericasynths)

That really is a badass demo. Love how unruly and noisy it is, like a stereo Monotron Delay on steroids.

2 Likes

Note to self: must remember to get another Monotron Delay for stereo purposes…

The Zen Delay does sound excellent in that demo - I have a BugBrand PT Delay which has a send/return loop for external effects which I run a Resonator pedal through, so perhaps a bit of an undue expense right now… but it’s not actually possible to have too many delays, is it?

2 Likes

Same as reverb pedals ^^

2 Likes

I actually have very few standalone reverbs; they’re almost all built in to other devices (A4, Nyx, various mixers; discounting various Kaoss Pads and a Disting) - I guess the Jomox T-Resonator (which, to keep slightly on-topic, resembles this slightly in passing) is the closest thing I have to one, come to think of it.

1 Like

Nyx/Splash MkIII reverb is phenomenal. Right up there with the Midiverb II in my opinion.

1 Like

I love it - it takes the Nyx to such transcendental places.

1 Like

Have you tried the Meteore? Really unique also.

1 Like

No, never encountered it.

I’ve remembered that I have the spring reverb tank in the Dreadbox Antiphon, which has an external input - that thing is amazing too.

Meteore has a variable overdrive on input and internal feedback (kinda like Jomox fx) that can turn into a wall of noise… source into Monotron Delay into Meteore into Digitakt is my sample chain these days.

Don’t know the Antiphon at all, I’ll check it out.

2 Likes

We’re really getting somewhat off topic, but here’s some discussion on Elektronauts : Dreadbox Antiphon - DIY Eurorack Module

…and I’ll check out the Meteore too - ta for that.

1 Like

Cool!

(Is it just me or is the beat in that demo completely out of place?)

1 Like

Hi. I’m fully aware that this is a delay efx that should be played, filtered and distorted.
I think that it sounds really great in the demos that I heard so far but how is it working sans delay, only playing with the filter and distortion?

9 Likes

Yeah i checked the video last night and got an answer to my question.
Thanks for posting anyway.

I think between this and the Reminder by Enjoy Electronics tough choice.

2 Likes

At risk of going off-topic (nah mods back off) …

Jomox are building a t-resonator with sample memory … kinda like an advanced Delaydelus 2 with filtermadness™️ but minus the patch points.

1 Like

Received mine today. Haven’t really had much time to play with it yet. Super smooth and sexy big knobs! Fine tuning the delay time is really difficult, so if you’re looking to precisely snaps things to 1/16ths or whatever it’ll be tough :). Midi helps with that of course. The filter + drive sound amazing. This is all subjective though! Those who are into geeking about solder points and signal paths might disagree :).

As a nice extra it’s roughly the width of a DT/DN and looks beautiful.

2 Likes

can u photo em next to each other? :diddly:

What does the delay time knob do when synced? Does it control “divisions”?

There you go :slight_smile:

8 Likes