Ninja Tune Zen Delay (collab with ericasynths)

indeed! pretty good fit :+1:

Slight sync deviation is where the magic is :wink:

10 Likes

Haven’t had time to try it out yet but here’s what the internets tell us: “Push and hold the TAP button, and the delay time knob becomes clock divider/multiplier – down to an eighth of the beat, and up to 8 times the beat. This will actually increase the potential length of the delay up to 50 seconds”

So yeah, divisions :).

2 Likes

Cool! I’ve always tought this was standard behaviour for synced delay. But recently found out this is not true. Alot of guitar pedals just “disables” the time knob when synced.

Getting a Polymoon today, but im really interested in this as well. Seems very “hands on”!

1 Like

Ah yeah, that’s why I really don’t enjoy using the Strymon Timeline much. I tried out the midi and it works perfectly :). Really, reeeeeeally enjoying Zen.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Just picked up one these today, as a gift to myself for getting through this semester of hell. I’m really looking forward to giving it a whirl. First impressions are that it’s beautiful, the knobs feel awesome, and it’s great to the touch and nicely laid out. Can’t wait!

4 Likes

Really enjoy your videos. Hopefully we see one including this! Looking to get one myself as I’m a bit of a delay junkie, but only in software so far.

1 Like

Hey, thanks! I’m sure it’ll be in a video. Just need to get through this enormously busy work time, and then I’m going to dive deep on some music for a while.

1 Like

OK, this thing is bananas and a ton of fun. Very performative and very playable in context of a song. Really adds a lot in terms of creating transitions and tension. Give it a shot.

21 Likes

Sounds great!

1 Like

Sounds amazing. I wasnt really looking for any new gear, but this is calling to me…

1 Like

I’ve been continually temped by this delay… something about its visual design makes me wish the tube was actually a little bell you could flick and was mic’d up in some way for giant gong noises, I suppose that is a pretty unreasonable feature request though.

3 Likes

This delay is so fun- the drive and filter sound so good, and I love how hands on and playable it is. What are some other good playable delay pedals (or playable pedals on general?)

It’s great, just a bit expensive right now.
I guess I’ll be ok with my Monotron Delay :chart_with_upwards_trend:

2 Likes

Here is some Zen Delay overkill:

7 Likes

I have one of these for sale that’s basically new, if anyone’s looking to save a few bucks. I can ship it anywhere in the US for 489 out the door. Just PM me if interested!

New firmware released

3 Likes

Anybody using one of these and recommend it?

I was also looking at the vermona retroverb also though from videos the zen delay seems to have nicer results.

Thanks

I am enjoying my Zen Delay very much.
Right now I am using it with my Digitakt and a turntable.

I make beats with the Digitakt and run spoken word records from the turntable into the Zen Delay.

I mainly use the “tape delay ping-pong” setting and the low pass filter, but the other filters are good too.

The knobs on the Zen Delay are wicked fun to play with.

2 Likes