#NGNY22 - Happy NoGear New Year!

Certainly - would fit in nicely.

1 Like

I’m in. Unless something amazing comes along (which it does, ever year).

1 Like

I’m in. My girlfriend approved my purchase of the Linnstrument when it arrived last night, and then said, this should be your last music machine for a while so you can learn them all (In 2021, I have bought 5 hardware synths, two soft synths, a few other plugins and now the new MPE midi controller). She’s right. I need to focus on what I already have!!! (I will keep telling myself this).

5 Likes

Serious question: what about trades?

1 Like

It’s a no for me, because it would shift my focus. I think it should be a no.

2 Likes

Like the fat person who wants to diet but binge eats for the rest of the year. :joy:

2 Likes

Well if the idea is to focus on learning what you have, I consider that trade is an obstacle.

If it’s just to stay at the same level of possession, then it’s OK.

1 Like

What are your motivations though ?

I fully support this: a synth I want has just been discontinued due to parts shortages. If we all stop buying synths now, I may still be able to get one next summer as previously planned. :innocent:

you all know the one who dies with the most toys wins, right?

6 Likes

It’s one in one out even if it’s my Volca for someone’s Pulsar, yeah?

(My ”trades” are often lopsided like that.)

1 Like

This is exactly what i needed. It’s gonna be hard, but i’m in!

5 Likes

Count me in. I REALLY need to:

5 Likes

Define gear !

Would Osmose 2019 preorder be considered a fail ?

I define gear, as the stuff you want to stop buying, cause it gets in the way of focusing on other things.

3 Likes

K. Osmose seems allowed…I’m in.

2 Likes

Think I need to be in… when I look at the stuff I have bought and sold this year (often the same thing more than once…) it is shocking.

I spend the whole time looking for the next thing that will ‘complete’ my set up… don’t get me wrong if you can afford it and are happy then it’s all good-and a big part of the hobby is the new toys-it does get to the point where it stresses me out though so I think this would be a good challenge…

Hmm.

5 Likes

Definitely down for this! Just waiting on a euro rack case pre-order that might need to be cancelled and changed in 2022 but it’s a necessity and the process started this year.

Apart from that, I’m game!

1 Like

I love the fact that we are so many. I really think this will help a lot.

February 2021 I decided to do just this. Haven’t bought any new gear and that was doable.

I took the time to really explore my AR and mess around with the Cycles more.

My wife was the gear cop, preventing me from breaking the promise to myself.

Now the challenge is to not go mental when the deadline expires in two months. Because when you not give in to GAS, you tend to save a bit of money :sweat_smile:

I already promised myself an acid box and the Soma Pipe. But I’ll have to be honest with myself and ask “Do I really need this?” on the 1st of February.

4 Likes