Erica Synths Bassline DB-01

Thank you for the info, i like the sound!

1 Like

After a year of buying no gear, I am eyeing an acid box (that I can use for more than squelchy sounds).

The DB is front runner. I know it has limited midi in options (no cc, no prog change). But does it have start/stop on ext clock? Couldn’t find that in the manual.

Yes

2 Likes

Cheers!

Is this a compulsory disclaimer now, to keep the #NGNY folks appeased?

2 Likes

:grin:

No, I was 10 months earlier with my #NGNY

Some of you might be interested in this video I did with the Bassline amongst other gear.

2 Likes

Just found out a very cool detail:
If you sequence an extern synth via cv and gate the fm level also affects the sequenced extern oscillator - lfo rate works as well of course

4 Likes

I bought mine second hand and the previous owner included one of these:

https://www.jhspedals.info/little-black-amp-box

Two extra cables and a thingy on the side isn’t as handy as a built-in volume knob, but it works.

3 Likes

Nice! Knob even matches the DB01’s :slight_smile:

Of course such thing could easily be DIY’d too.

Continuing the discussion from Erica Synths Bassline DB-01:

I’m only getting sound out of one speaker when I go through my audio interface. I’m using a 1/4” TRS to 2 x 1/4” Mono males. Do I need a different cable?

You need to use a 1/4 TS cable.

It’s mono out, so depending on how you’re going into your interface — that’s expected? Just use one half of the breakout. Or don’t do the breakout at all. The ring will never have anything on it.

1 Like

Thanks for the note. What do you mean by breakout? I have the two 1/4” cables going into left and right inputs of audio interface.

Right. I tried that initially. At least I thought I did. I’ll try it again. Thanks.

Right. So the DB-01 is mono. Which means if you plug a TRS cable in there, the “T” part (tip) has signal, the “S” part (sleeve) is ground, and the “R” part (ring) has nothing on it.

If, on the other end of the cable you have two mono (TS) plugs, that’s what’s sometimes called a “break out” cable. One of them (usually the black one) takes the signal from the “T” part of the TRS plug. The other one (usually the red) takes the signal from the “R” part of the TRS.

Because the DB-01 is mono, there will be nothing on the red one. So you could just not plug it in. Or you could use a straight cable that didn’t split.

1 Like

So still not working. I’ve connected a single TS cable from synth to interface. Also tried a dual TS cable only plugging in just red and red and then tried yellow and yellow. Could it be an issue with the synth, interface, me!?

If the signal comes out of db01, the problem is not with her.
We agree that the track used in the daw is mono?

That’s what I figured. Not even running it through a DAW. Just into the UMC1820 and then out into speakers.

Okay so on the interface, there’s a button for mono monitoring. Looks like I can choose just the first two inputs for the monitoring. I believe this is the issue.

Thanks all!

2 Likes