Super excited for this… have held off from the push 1+2 and just used the DAW with my MPC live and Digitone+guitars.
Price is higher in the UK for the base but I love that we can upgrade and maybe they’ll have a better processor, ram and longer battery option in a year or two
I’ve spent 4 years trying to piece together the best half-suitable gear to Frankenstein a working analog of this type of machine and then ableton just makes the perfect thing?
And the stock ableton stuff (+m4l) is what I compare my dawless gear against
My problem with the current standalone option was battery life otherwise my credit card would have been in pure meltdown. 2.5 hours seems overly optimistic from what I’ve read/heard but who knows how battery life will be in, like you say, a year or two with better upgrade options.
My M2 Pro MBPs battery life when powering a Push 2 directly has been incredible and spoiled me really. I’m getting hours and hours out of those two on a single charge and don’t think I could go back to the 2 hours or less days of my old set up!
Very cool to have the upgrade option though. Feels like a firm c10 year commitment from Ableton in my opinion…
What would make it Elektron style for you? You can already change the layout of the pads if you want to use it like an Elektron going horizontal with keyboard folding (and the Push will give you a full range of octaves vs the 2 you can have at a time on an Elektron).
This is actually how I set up my default view for scales because I prefer the Elektron view. Example:
This is why I will hold for a moment. At first I thought wow… no brainer. But thinking a bit deeper I do a lot with arrangement view… Hope to see some implementation for that in the future but doubt that as its not there on the other push versions
Agreed, the audio effects such as Compressor, Glue Compressor, Saturator and Echo are on every one of my tracks and sessions. The algorithmic reverb is a stunner. And M4L… The stock stuff is great (I mean LFO alone is crazy useful for outboard gear) but the third party stuff… I can only hope that works. MDD_Snake without a laptop would be so cool. And then there’s the premium stuff, such as Fors instruments.