New PUSH 3 MPE, Standalone option...out now!

Super excited for this… have held off from the push 1+2 and just used the DAW with my MPC live and Digitone+guitars.

Price is higher in the UK for the base but I love that we can upgrade and maybe they’ll have a better processor, ram and longer battery option in a year or two :boom:

Im thinking about Bitwig primarily but there are others.

2 Likes

They could offer a version that highjacks the standalone version too.

Just kidding.

I was joking and making fun of the usual “I’ll wait for a behringer version” comments

M4l too??? Why would you need anything else

I’ve spent 4 years trying to piece together the best half-suitable gear to Frankenstein a working analog of this type of machine and then ableton just makes the perfect thing?

And the stock ableton stuff (+m4l) is what I compare my dawless gear against

Unleievable

10 Likes

…not impossible, once push3 standalone has settled into the market…but that will take a moment…

while for the naked controler functions, we don’t have to wait too long…

for me, that’s all no option to consider anyways…i’ll stick to my good old, bulletproofed ot concept for any live perfomances…

1 Like

My problem with the current standalone option was battery life otherwise my credit card would have been in pure meltdown. 2.5 hours seems overly optimistic from what I’ve read/heard but who knows how battery life will be in, like you say, a year or two with better upgrade options.

My M2 Pro MBPs battery life when powering a Push 2 directly has been incredible and spoiled me really. I’m getting hours and hours out of those two on a single charge and don’t think I could go back to the 2 hours or less days of my old set up!

Very cool to have the upgrade option though. Feels like a firm c10 year commitment from Ableton in my opinion…

2 Likes

…and how will those pads hold up, Push 2 ones definitely lose sensitivity

Remember 10-15 years ago people wanted Ableton in a box, well here it is haha

4 Likes

Best part is, I think we are just getting started

1 Like

USD$1,999 and you get an Intro software. Will NI and Akai… “challenge accepted!” ?

Also… how useful is standalone without this screen

3 Likes

Looks enormous. I’d love a version of Push with an Elektron style step sequencer/octave of pads rather than that whole grid of pads.

Nonsense, but one can dream.

4 Likes

What would make it Elektron style for you? You can already change the layout of the pads if you want to use it like an Elektron going horizontal with keyboard folding (and the Push will give you a full range of octaves vs the 2 you can have at a time on an Elektron).

This is actually how I set up my default view for scales because I prefer the Elektron view. Example:

2 Likes

No arranger editing currently, wonder if that will be added?

As for OT comparisons apples vs nutcrackers.

3 Likes

This is why I will hold for a moment. At first I thought wow… no brainer. But thinking a bit deeper I do a lot with arrangement view… Hope to see some implementation for that in the future but doubt that as its not there on the other push versions

Agreed, the audio effects such as Compressor, Glue Compressor, Saturator and Echo are on every one of my tracks and sessions. The algorithmic reverb is a stunner. And M4L… The stock stuff is great (I mean LFO alone is crazy useful for outboard gear) but the third party stuff… I can only hope that works. MDD_Snake without a laptop would be so cool. And then there’s the premium stuff, such as Fors instruments.

4 Likes

Yes, I the arrangement side was already lacking in push 2. Being standalone doesn’t help in that regard

I think that the Force is a better fit for me, IMHO both are a bit too bulky for portability, and the Force is a better DAW alternative currently.

1 Like

still wish they’d do a mini 32 pad form factor ie

that would be the ultimate to me

otherwise I don’t mind the battery life - even if you have to plug in to power you can still be untethered from the computer

10 Likes

Two rows of eight pads, like a digitakt, is what I meant. Smaller footprint.

1 Like