New PUSH 3 MPE, Standalone option...out now!

Some things are faster with the mouse and keyboard. Renaming tracks and regions, for example. And the Push 3 still doesn’t do arrangement view. Plus the Push sequencer is super clunky compared to what us Elektronauts (and Dramboids) are used to.

I may end up swapping my Push 2 for one of these at some point, especially if Ableton does upgrade pricing. But today I’m still more excited about Logic Pro on the iPad.

1 Like

Also, I remember a trading in my push 1 for a push 2 and getting a discount for that.

These videos are showing too quickly. I’m still watching SonicState, Loopop is next. :smile:

2 Likes

Not at launch. Maybe in the future?

I’ll let you know this afternoon when I get home from work, walk my dog, take a shower, eat, make a few jams, then watch the video.

2 Likes

The other thing i like beyond all the pros and cons at the end of a Loopop video, are the insightful ideas along the way. The workarounds, if necessary.

3 Likes

Manual says midi devices on the usb host port. Seems like they’re doing the adat thing for additional audio.

It’s a big fat no from me and the rest of the no gear 2023 colleagues.

12 Likes

‘Splash! Splash! Splash!’

  • the sound of your colleagues jumping ship
21 Likes

They will hold the line, right 'colleagues’?

7 Likes

It’s a great day if you don’t like Ableton! :wink:

Tasty gently used discounts and B-stock deals coming in a couple weeks to months.

Watching the videos and I think the only thing they have missed from my Push 3 wish list is to make it thinner - it;’s a fraction larger/heavier than Push 2.

It has that continuous surface I was hoping for to allow proper MPE. A simple audio interface. USB C. Etc. Getting mighty excited for this to arrive. Fingers crossed the 2-4 days is genuine and it’s here for the weekend!

1 Like

Literally just bought a Push 2… (2nd hand, and from a fellow 'naut, so not too bad but still…)

Guys I’m thinking of putting an 18 core i9 and 64gb of RAM in my Push 3, is this enough for a minimal techno set?

Props to Ableton for the component approach. The only stumbling block here is the price, really. And I doubt I’d ever use it untethered - with 2 hours I’d just be watching the battery level obsessively instead of using it. But being able to run M4L is huge, and could turn this into an Organelle on steroids (at the very least).

I’m in a comfortable zone with the Force (touchscreen alongside knobs and pads is a bonus there), but I expect this to be my first struggle in a while. Once the videos of people using Opal etc. start to pile up, I’ll be in trouble.

9 Likes

unbelievable, I didn’t expect that. MPE yes, but not standalone. Fantastic and ordered straight away. standalone version price seems a bit over the top, but if you look closely, it fits, MPE is supposed to be really good with it.it should also be mentioned that the price for the subsequent upgrade kit including the Push3 (controller) is higher than the standalone version, at least as of today. great time :sunglasses:

Are we still on sticky rubber material?

1 Like
10 Likes

no toblerone dispenser I notice with disgust.

15 Likes

Loopop says it’s “a different material” but doesn’t really say if it’s rubberised too.

4 Likes