looks like you are right
wonder if they’ll have some kind of trade-in/recycle program for whatever the upgrade kits replace… would feel pretty bad to just toss that 1k in the bin
I very much doubt it, but you could always sell to another Push user
Damn. Not badly priced too, compared to alternative solutions. I like that it’s extensible and/or maintainable. Solid state storage fails over time, it’s a huge bonus to be able to replace it. Looking at you, +DRIVE.
The i3-1115G4 is an interesting choice. With a TDP of 28W I expect the machine to get pretty hot on some occasions. It has a slightly better single thread rating than a i7-4790K which was all the rage about 10 years ago (but had double the number of cores).
Wow, this is amazing. I think you can pair the standalone version with a Launch Control XL or a APC 40 for a powerful compact setup. I wonder if you can connect an iPad to Push 3 to send an receive audio via USB.
I think we have a winner in the ‘most powerful portable groove box’ category- hard to beat the full version of Live! (although will try Logic on iPAD later today- what a great time to be alive!)
I think you only get the educational discount if you buy Push with Live - not 100% though but it’s how the website reads to me.
Damnnn all the “WhEn WiLl PuSh 3 bE RelEAsEd???” topics have not been in vain!
Looks super cool. Upgrade kit available in end of 2023.
honestly I have tried and tried to go standalone but I always have a laptop nearby anyways.
Interesting it has MPE, M4L, CV and Adat capabilities.
I was thinking an MPE keyboard.
Looks like the same screen. I’ve watched the overview videos and it looks pixelated like Push 2. But I kinda liked how waveforms looked on that.
It’s too expensive!
I’m gonna wait for Behringer RUSH standalone for 99 euros!
Pretty mad that this happened on the same day that Logic Pro comes out on the iPad. Definitely a power move from either Ableton or Apple (I presume both were aware of whichever decided on their release date first, as it seems too mad to be a coincidence).
This. I’m quite suprised they mention you can even upgrade the processor. Or even upgraded to standalone later.
“You can add the standalone components later using the Upgrade Kit, and replace your processor, battery or hard drive to keep up with advances in technology.”
Interesting that it can handle Max bits. I wonder how it handles pop out ones such as Fors Opal (any idea @Ess?) , given the full Fors suite of their many devices and Push 3 SL would be akin to a next generation Elektron box.
Also, whole upgradeable CPU is interesting, I wonder if that is planned with either low power CPUs only (as it’s passively cooled) or the upgrade pack has a way of adding a fan for anything above i3 (the 12th gen i9 on my works Dell laptop still has plenty of fan on time, even when idle, so Intel are leagues away from Apple with heat issues).
And just like that, I’ve ordered one (non standalone).
That Osmose of mine is looking at me sadly knowing what is coming…
Does it have the same bad rubber finish as the Push 2? It kinda looks different but can’t tell for certain.
This is going to be a huge game changer in my opinion. Curious on realistic battery life, and how much it can handle, but this is next generation hardware IMO. No brainer upgrade for me.
My issues with the Push 2 were expression - the touch bar is non-responsive half the time with callous guitar fingers, so having MPE on the pads should alleviate that completely now. Curious on pad quality though, because on the Push 2 I am also not a fan of the sensitivity or the options for adjusting. The unit there is built like a tank, so curious about weight of this one when it comes to “portability”.
