New PUSH 3 MPE, Standalone option...out now!

I think it’s an Ableton product. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

it’s definitely an amazing thing to be able to knock out a live set without a computer. distraction free creative sabbatical without internet or screens, return to civilisation when you’re good and ready to arrange and master lol

2 Likes

One main advantage is that it s a self contained device that doesn t stop working if MS/Apple/Linux/… decides to for example change it s driver model or when an update breaks something.

3 Likes

Intel i3 with 8gb of ram… definitely would worry about how easy it would be to bog this thing down. The 1k version as just a nice MPE controller seems almost more interesting to me.

2 Likes

:partying_face::clap:

1 Like

I absolutely LOVE the option to retrofit the standalone option and maybe even upgrade it at a later point in time. Also the fact that this effectively breaks down the hefty 2k price into to seperate sub 1k purchases is brilliant.

6 Likes

As an apple M1 user, I still have PTSD.

5 Likes

3 year warranty too

1 Like

I wounder what OS is it running, there is no Live for Linux right?

1 Like

Instant buy. Done.

2 Likes

I’m not familiar with Push, and I never use MPC or Force with a computer so it is safe to say I’m not the target market, which was why I asked the question. But I still think it is interesting.

1 Like

There is now. On Push.

1 Like

I had been considering an Oxi One but this sort of offers an interesting alternative in some respects. If Ableton had more built in step sequencing tools it would be a slam dunk for me. I’m a little bummed out it won’t support VST’s though. While I like some of the Ableton plugs, they’re not remotely my primary tools.

Still, wonderful to see an upgradable device. Bravo.

2 Likes

Yeah since I bought Ableton earlier this year and am really enjoying it, this seems like a no-brainer to me. Gonna grab one as soon as my income becomes more consistent.

does it Opal tho?
(how’s the m4l opal integration)

@Ess :wink:

18 Likes

I’ve wondered about that too, no linux but they have their own audio interface so they could tune pulseaudio/jack and somehow compile the core, from what I gather only native instruments/ effects are available in standalone so no vsts or gui to deal with

there’s no detached windows/osx, right? right???

Ordered.

4 Likes

Wow, it will be possible to upgrade it in the future.

4 Likes

Damm…im stil on Push1. Thought id wait for Push3 before upgrading. Quite a price jump. Was hoping in the 500/600 range.

1 Like

But it will support M4L “plugins” of which there are plenty. So there’s that.

7 Likes