New PUSH 3 MPE, Standalone option...out now!

Big miss to build this around Intel rather than ARM. :sob:

21 Likes

Can you get educational discount with the push? It mentions it but can only see the software discount in their shop page

Standalone push3 means you can load vst into that? All vsts or just ableton ones?

Stimming mentioned at start of his review that he can get the educational discount.

2 Likes

No Bluetooth, is that because it’s shit still?

No VST‘s but all Ableton native devices and maxforlive.

7 Likes

Ffs… today is my birthday… and this comes out… it’s a sign… no way I’m not going to get one.

Standalone has been the dream for a while.
Being able to port Live sets from the computer to this new Push and be able to play live shows without a laptop is HUgE, and worth the price IMO. :partying_face::partying_face:

8 Likes

It doesn’t.

1 Like

Bit out of my price range but I see this as instrument for life. Would be my main bit of kit until it dies. Almost everything else I’ve bought has been temporary

1 Like

but will it play Crysis?

5 Likes

Hope so.
I’m not going to get one. But I think this is a game changer product.

2 Likes

It is an interesting development but a bit weird to me, what advantage does it have over a laptop and push, aside from a little more portable as not always needing the laptop?

What disadvantages does it have using standalone compared to a push and laptop - less battery life, less storage, less options, slower CPU, smaller screen.

15 Likes

It’s funny, I spent ages avoiding playing out with a laptop, and now I play out with a laptop I’ve no idea why I was avoiding it for so long.

Still, it’s a good thing for people to have what they’ve been asking for.

16 Likes

it removes creative friction which is always huge

2 Likes

Exactly that… plus 2.5hrs of lithium battery activity.

I think of it in terms of the MPC… that’s a standalone device that can be used as a controller with a laptop, that I hardly ever do because working standalone is so much more enjoyable and creatively inspiring.

Laptops are a necessary evil in creative terms imo, this lets you navigate that.

ADAT i/o. Smart.

18 Likes

Don’t worry, I’m sure there will be tons of complaints before we know it!

9 Likes

For me it is not a professional thing. As a pro, I can see no reason why you’d want this over a laptop…BUT…as a computer programmer with 9+ hrs a day on a laptop…my toys cannot be a laptop.

You’re asking the right questions IMO (what trade-offs are people willing to make)

10 Likes

Didn’t see this one coming! Cool with the upgrade path, and the pads looks pretty expressive.

I’ve skimmed through the site but haven’t watched any demos. Do you know if the firmware is more or less the same as Push 2?

Happy birthday.

IndolentLikableHuman-small

16 Likes