New PUSH 3 MPE, Standalone option...out now!

I also want to clarify, when I say “kill”, I mean these other pieces of gear have all filled one or two roles in an otherwise relatively weak and incomplete music creation box

So I’m thinking, personally, I have like 6 things at least that try to accomplish what this one thing seems to do perfectly. And the point of grooveboxes or dawless gear generally is that it can accomplish these things without the assistance of other gear, which is why we always ask for batteries and keyboards and internal synths and multi trackers and fx

If this was just m4l in a Launchpad shaped controller, I’d be going insane. but I have been wishing for someone to put stock ableton fx and synths/samplers in a hardware unit for a long time. and m4l is something I would have never expected

like if this existed when i first started to build a dawless setup in 2019, bought my first octatrack, and then realized i needed a synth, and realized i needed a mixer and realized i needed a drum machine, a sequencer with more polyphony and better resolution, granular sampling capabilities, and effects and something to arrange the stems with, this would have been potentially been all i ever needed

2 Likes

For me, as of today, this is the closest thing available right now :+1:

4 Likes

100% this is how I feel

Exactly how I financed mine!

2 Likes

I’ve done a lot with it, but definitely finding the limitations to be holding back my creativity these days. I’m gonna do the month trial first though :octopus:

1 Like

9 Likes

The sliding between notes era has begun, hopefully not for long because it sounds amateurish and cheesy to me

12 Likes

For me this all depends on how well it can sync other gear. Is the clock stable enough and how is the latency? I’m curious if adding an adapt expander effects this in any way too? Like will it deliver on stability and performability together with other gear?

If so this could actually be the instrument I’ve always wanted. Really cool that it will be possible to upgrade the processor etc

Also, is it only available to buy directly from Ableton?

2 Likes

Yes, we need a supercut of bad MPE demos for push 3! The meme potential is through the roof.

7 Likes

He didn’t manage to get a crossfader in there though ; )

6 Likes

Imagine how amazing it would be to have a crossfader with scenes running Ableton FX and synth engines.

5 Likes

No rubber coating and encoders that don’t get loose/wobbly and the controller Push 3 could be a no brainer if a good deal comes up since i already own Live Suite.

Lol that first demo video on Ableton’s website was, I don’t even know what to call it. Do people listen to music like that?

Aha! It’s called “Democore”

2 Likes

Just use that MPE dimension for something else other than pitch bend.

2 Likes

Becasue eveything used to be to cheap and other continents, less fortunate people and mother nature payed the price.

meh… wish i could give a joyfull answer

2 Likes

:exploding_head:

1 Like

Happy owner of a PUSH 1 and 2, I gradually moved to using Ableton live as a mixer/effect processor/tape machine/orchestrator for my Digitone, Digitakt and Syntakt. If this thing would support Overbridge, I would jump on it. Additionally, I had a quick look at the physical specs and it seems it will not be compatible with my PUSH 2 fonik stand and decksaver. Not for me.

The resale value of Push 2’s is going to tank even harder now. Will be rough to sell them, I practically had to give mine away a couple months ago. Will make a lot of people happy buying them though.

Cool device (love that it’s upgradeable) and glad to see it out finally, but zero GAS for it right now. Maybe someday if I stray from Bitwig back to Ableton. :man_shrugging:

Well shit. I guess this is happening now.

Send the standalone outs to the Octratrack haha

3 Likes