New PUSH 3 MPE, Standalone option...out now!

Holy crap. This would actually make me go back to a more hybrid workflow. If it’s as good as I hope, I’d switch from FLStudio (23 years strong) to Ableton and ditch my DT and OT. Haha. Maybe even my DN. I’m definitely interested in seeing how it fleshes out over time.

2 Likes

I don‘t think it has to “kill” anything. I think it can happily coexist alongside the devices you mention. The more, the merrier, as different people are attracted to different things.

Having said that, I totally share in your enthusiasm!

5 Likes

No, it will kill

For real though, I’m thinking of my own setup. I’ve been trying to construct something resembling this for years now. So do I need a digitone just for sequencing, an octatrack for sampling and arranging, a blackbox for multitracking and looping, effects units, all the synths I have?

That could be said for daws as well, but this can connect straight to my A&H mixer via adat, so it even kills my interfaces

3 Likes

I’m not sure if 2500 euros is worth it (to me, personally). This would effectively translate into paying almost 1000 euros on top of Push controller hardware plus license, for being standalone and limited screen and application wise. The alternative is buying a Macbook Air M1 for the same price, and using that to not only run Ableton, but also plugins, and other applications. I’m really not sure if it’s worth 1000 euros to remove the laptop out of the equation. We’ll see what the market does though. Curious. I feel Maschine+ and the standalone Akai MPC’s might see some renewed interest due to their pricing-range, compared to this one.

5 Likes

Doesn’t fit in your pocket like the M8 :wink:

But yeh, this probably is the definitive MPC/GrooveBox, portable DAW- whatever…or will that be Logic on an iPAD :wink: If you like ‘hardware’ sequencers this is it- maybe even Elektron are nervous!

I notice it runs on Linux, I wonder how long until some wag runs Bitwig on it :wink:

1 Like

I think the independent ones like Bitwig, Reaper and Renoise have strong enough user bases and are different enough to be safe. Solid chance Bitwig will find its way on there anyway!

5 Likes

If you befriend a crow, it will start to bring you random gifts. Reward it with snacks when it brings you bills and you should have funds for your Push in no time!

18 Likes

Funny- see post above!

Yeah the Blackbox is nice and small, but when I take that, I’m also taking my Launchpad to play “keys” into it. That’s my main keyboard. So this actually reduces my portable gear carry load

Why is everything so expensive?!!??

7 Likes

Haha, jinx!

Because it’s literally what everyone has been asking for forever. How much is a laptop with a 256g ssd

2 Likes

On my MBP M1 is Ableton also in a box … :crazy_face:

8 Likes

I mean, who needs an op1 or organelle when you can sample into this, use as many high quality creative internal synths and effects as you could ever need with the most powerful arrangement engine with unlimited tracks and mpe controls and an interface

I can’t wrap my head around this

@YloopZ yeh, but does it have mpe?!?

3 Likes

What kind of Groovebox is this? Just looks like a DAW in box. Oh wait a minute…

Yeah, but does it even export to Ableton? Oh wait a minute…

10 Likes

I’m flattered :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wowzer this is intriguing… might be bye bye RYTM/the rest, just so flexible

ADAT is kinda cool, wish it was switchable for dante.

2 Likes

Allright you got me…

I’d say on the topic on how this doesn’t kill everything, is that it’s twice as expensive as everything.

So there’s that.

But otherwise … yeah this might be the one to beat in the near and distant future.

[economics mumbo-jumbo] Aristocrats!

2 Likes