OP-1 field

So here is the output:

Very fun combination (didn’t push it a lot but still efficient)

5 Likes

One of the things I love to do with the Field is to bring it out very early in the morning, when the city’s mostly sleeping, and record ambience from the surroundings where I live. There’s a special kind of echo and resonance when it’s dark, quiet, still, almost no one out and about yet. The very few who’s left their homes, they have a different pace - slower, with intent, blending in with the shadows, cutting through the occasional street light with their shapes. The water and the birds, the wind and the air … it just all sounds so different.

25 Likes

Nice shot! When do you plan to release your review? Can’t wait to watch it

2 Likes

You can’t expect proper documentation and instructions from TE, it’s not like it’s a Rephazer sound pack :slight_smile:

Anyway they are all (instrument) sampler presets, just just drop the aeoner folder into the synth folder, so it’s along side all the other folders.

Actually a really nice collection of sounds I think. A late 80’s early 90’s digital synth sort of vibe to a lot of them. Evolving synth pad type sounds and so on.

2 Likes

It’s been ready to go for about a month, since the firmware update. CDM’s got a full backlog of not yet published stories, so I’m not sure when. But last time we talked about it (beginning this week), it seems like they were going for some time before the end of the year.

But who knows? :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh, actually, at the risk of cross posting, I figure it’s relevant here, too. I made an album with the OP-1 Field only. I figure it’s easier to link to that post rather than repeating the message in this thread as well, so you can read about the process and stuff in its appropriate place -

5 Likes

Cool! Let us know :grinning:

1 Like

Did you use an AI voice-over (text to speech) kinda thing? I always prefer real voices - in case I’m right :wink:
Nice video though and thanks a lot for sharing :slight_smile:

nope. that’s a human voice.

Wow. You don’t seem to breathe at all… That made me believe it’s an AI

Please don’t take it too much seriously as I am doing it just for fun.
zxcvbn is a very powerful tracker for Norns, with 10 tracks. Each track can sequence a sampler, multiple synths engines, midi, crow and a lot more. You use a computer keyboard with it and it’s really fun.
The original Monome Norns are battery powered, but mine is a Fates (a DIY Norns) with no batteries. So these 2 together are a wonderful portable setup, like a beautiful OP-1 field!

4 Likes

That’s weird. The price has gone up.

I’ll delete the post.

So after selling a shit ton of gear to get an OP-1 Field, I ended up returning it because I had a lot of buyers remorse, although I loved it because of all the new features… especially the new font :))))))

Like seriously… the new 32bit stereo engine and reverb are worth the money alone.

But I found a new, mint condition OP-1 Field today for EUR1000 and I just couldn’t pass it, although I wasn’t necessarily looking for one.

So yeah, it’s good to be back in the gang :))

11 Likes

Who was crazy enough to sell it for 50% of the price?

4 Likes

A tip: I did not know this till today, but if you hold shift while the sequencer is engaged, you can preview sounds without the sequencer being engaged.

3 Likes

Purchased all of @rephazer’s soundpacks for the OP-1 Field a few days ago and, like others, I am truly blown away at how great they sound. The warm, lush patches sound killer in stereo and it really highlights the gear’s strengths. Have been sequencing it with my Octatrack and using the Volante via Cue output, and it has been ambient heaven.

Other things I love about the OP-1 Field so far:

• The Dimension engine is just stellar. It sounds almost analog.

• The screen looks night-and-day crisper.

• USB-C is just so much less fiddly and feels solid.

• The Mother Reverb sounds fabulous on almost everything, and is such an improvement over the older reverb (which was a big reason I sold my OG-1).

4 Likes

Back at you! It’s a great setup. Though I’m putting the Field thru the IPad.

4 Likes

I haven’t heard any demos of the OP-1 Field I liked until I heard this one. I don’t know if whoever created this video is a member of this forum, but it’s the best thing I’ve heard made on the OP-1 Field so far imo.

4 Likes

Absolutely amazing patches! Bought them and the modulation and the only question I have is- the volume seems really low on them. Lower than stock patches. Any idea if that’s normal? I’m only talking about when I play them through the op1f speaker, not aux out or anything.

1 Like

I noticed the same, so I stopped buying after the first pack.