New Machines for your machine

:rofl:

So thats the set then isnt it? Youā€™ve had 2 of all of them?

Thank you! I hope swarm can make lush hats :slight_smile:

I still donā€™t get it about Cenk leaving and the promised inevitable doom supposed to result from that. I certainly donā€™t have any insider knowledge and those who act like they might have some donā€™t share, despite making suggestive remarks.

From the outside POV, Elektron have finally reached a dynamic equilibrium (Fliessgleichgewicht, would literally translate as ā€œflow balanceā€œ :wink: ), they fulfilled all their promises, overbridge works so great, has been implemented in the mkI machines, constant improvement (Kaizen) - like real honest 1980s style step sequencing etc. and the Syntakt was so surprising and is just so balanced in all itā€™s aspects. I donā€™t find the English words for it (astonishment, awe, teary thankfulness, grateful slightly shivering happiness, the feeling of receiving empathy and love work - that ballpark). They even listened what the customers demanded and gave us a very sophisticated songmode in the laptop boxes. At once in all three. I donā€™t see anything wrong. Should all this bliss (hey that word might fit) really be connected to the let go or leave of a person after appearing disharmony or differences of other sorts?

Maybe Iā€™m naive but I think Elektron (however that entity might be composed as of this moment) are really being benefactors to the world and the good in it. I am grateful.

(and looking for an adapter to connect the mini DiN reface DX directly to the J-6 mini TRS jacks and ask why Yamaha didnā€™t implement a send sysex patch in the UI)

14 Likes

Iā€™ve only had one A4 and one AR

itā€™s just a thing between the Analogs and the Takts.

now adapting things from the Analogs but not giving anything back.

OS OS OS new OS šŸ„¹

1 Like

Easy to ignore all those great developments and facts when blinded by oneā€™s own desire for a box to do one or two specific things that one really wants it to do. (guilty of this myself)

To have acceptance is to have happiness.

To yearn is to be tortured.

15 Likes

drone. 7x SWARM + 1x RAW

30 Likes

Iā€™ve had about ten of em. lost count :joy:

1 Like

I did not! Rad :slight_smile:

Didnt have much interest in Syntakt, but supersaw? I might need to try one out

3 Likes

After spending some time with the update, I must say that Iā€™m very, very pleased. Some great bug fixes to improve quality of life, of course, but the two new machines really help round what I wanted the Syntakt for in the first place. These machines bring some missing bread and butter sounds that also happen to be so easy to get into that ā€œchewyā€ territory that I love.

As a guy who is currently into retro-future sounds, the new machines are really doing it for me.

6 Likes

Mighty drone !

Elektron does not do MK3 versions

Well this is exciting, just upgrading now. I never had any doubt theyā€™d release new machines, the concept always made perfect sense to me and it shows that this box has legs.

Analogā€™s for me are the best machine. Rytm specially for techno

1 Like

Hereā€™s a little 8-voice polyphonic noodle played on a MIDI-keyboard connected to the Syntakt via a polysplitter.
Made a SY SWARM sound that was inspired from Stevie Wonderā€™s CS-80 and Van Halenā€™s OB-Xa styles, so tried some typical things :slight_smile: Using both velocity and aftertouch modulation here to affect multiple parameters at the same time.

55 Likes

might as wellā€¦****

3 Likes

Nailed it !

Iā€™m using midi loopback with RK002, works really well, but there is something annoying : encoders canā€™t be set to EXT (INT or INT+EXT are the only possible settings). There are resolution conflicts (CC vs internal resolution, snapping too much to CC values with high res internal parameter settings). The workaround is to change current value to a (too much) higher value faster.

Do you think there is a chance to have that setting (back) one day ?

10 Likes

Whaaoo! Hey you! Who said that? Baby how you been?

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad to have these two new machines, I really liked the sounds Jeremy from RMR was getting from them in his 15 min video.

Iā€™d still love to get Polyphony for some of the machines, a compressor (even digital) and a chorus but thereā€™s still hope and I wonā€™t be selling my A4 til then which is a good thing.

1 Like